Earlier this year, Mustang exported two commercial parcels of gem rubies totaling 31,222cts from its total inventory of 37,291cts and is on track to make its first sales in the June quarter of this year with larger sale(s) planned for the second half of the year.
Mustang also holds interests in seven graphite licences in the Balama area of Mozambique where it has discovered a Tier-1 high grade flake graphite deposit at its Caula Project.
- Market cap of ~A$42million, one of only two listed ruby miners (AIM:GEM market cap ~A$400million)
- Multiple ruby deposits over 195sqkm
- 75tph bulk sampling plant fully operational and ramping up throughput rate to 1,500tpd over next months
- Exported two commercial gem ruby parcels totaling 31,221cts in Q1 2017
- Current gem ruby inventory of 37,291cts
- Nine 'Special Stones' larger than 5cts; including two 24ct rare stones
- On track for first sales revenue in Q2 2017; larger sale(s) in H2 2017
- Gemfields generated revenue of US$225million during its bulk sampling from Dec 2012 to Dec 2016
- Mustang now acquiring 65% share of adjacent licence where artisanal miners are recovering gem-quality rubies from a shallow deposit 3km south-east of the plant
- Additional upside from Caula high-grade graphite deposit
- Grades up to 26% TGC with thick intersections from surface
- Heavily oversubscribed placement in March 2017 to raise $5.88million
Montepuez Ruby Project- Near Term Cashflow from Bulk Sampling
Mustang is undertaking a bulk sampling program at its Montepuez Project adjacent to Gemfields' ruby project and along the same geological strike. Work is focussed on the Alpha Deposit next to the sampling plant. In conjunction with the bulk sampling program, extensive auger drilling and pitting activities are also underway with the goal of delineating the full extent of ruby mineralisation.
Systematically build a resource base while generating significant revenue
- A proven model that delivered Gemfields US$225million of revenue during exploration from Dec 2012 to Dec 2016 and a $1billion NPV on 11% of ground explored
- Mustang set for first revenue in Q2 2017 from special stones with larger sales in H2 2017 Tapping into a US$2billion a year market
- Ruby are the second most valuable gemstone after diamonds
- Before discovery in Mozambique in 2009 supply was highly fragmented (Burma, Afghanistan etc.)
- Prices for rubies have increased 63% over past eight years with strong demand from US, Europe, China and India
- Record auction values due to rarity; 25ct Sunrise ruby (see link below) sold for US$30million in 2015
- Mozambique rubies are of equivalent quality to those Burma
Caula Graphite Project
Mustang's Caula Graphite project is located along strike from the world-class deposit being developed by Syrah Resources (
- Grades of up to 26% TGC proven from recent diamond drilling campaign
- Caula will be one of the highest grade graphite deposits in the world, enabling low cost production
- Metallurgical testing underway, potential for large flake sizes
- Maiden JORC Resource scheduled for Q2 2017 followed by scoping study
To view the release including tables and figures, please visit:
About New Energy Minerals Ltd
New Energy Minerals Ltd is an ASX listed company focused on the mining and exploration of Vanadium and Graphite – two commodities critical for the 'New Energy Market'.
The Company is currently fast tracking its world-class Caula Vanadium-Graphite project in Northern Mozambique, located along strike from the Syrah Resources Ltd (ASX:SYR) Balama Project, with first cash flows targeted for H2 of 2019 from trial mining operations. New Energy Minerals' Caula project hosts a JORC (Measured) vanadium-graphite resource of 22 Mt @ 0.37% V2O5 (0.2% cut-off) and 13.4% TGC (8% cut-off) for 81,600 tonnes of vanadium pentoxide (180 million pounds) and 2.93 Mt of contained graphite.
New Energy minerals has a highly experienced Board of Directors, management, finance, exploration and geological team, with a 15-year track record of investment and successful project development in Mozambique and the Africa region. The Company aims to become a major provider of vanadium and graphite, both key components used in battery production.
Media & Investor Relations:
Mustang Resources Ltd (ASX:MUS) Expects Major Cash Injection with Planned Sale of Entire Ruby Inventory in October 2017
New Energy Minerals Ltd (ASX:NXE) Quarterly Activities Report for the Period Ending 30 September 2018
New Energy Minerals Limited (ASX:NXE) Caula Vanadium-Graphite Project Scoping Study Shows Exceptional Economics