The debate on leadership, change and governance has become even more critical in the wake of the recent sovereign debt crisis with concerted initiatives made at the national, regional and multilateral levels to bring about a transformation of economies and markets through greater inclusiveness and more sustainable growth models.
The second edition of this highly successful Symposium will feature an impressive line-up of high profile thought leaders, policymakers, regulators, fund managers and corporate captains who will share their vision, perspectives and insights around the theme "Transforming Capital Markets: Leadership, Governance and Change".
Underscoring his commitment to change and governance in his own administration and economic management, the Prime Minister of Malaysia Dato' Sri Mohd Najib Tun Abdul Razak will open the Symposium by delivering the keynote address.
Other confirmed keynote speakers at the Symposium include top Indian economic policymaker Dr Montek Singh Ahluwalia and renowned thought leader Dr Nouriel Roubini.
Both speakers are key influential figures in the global economic landscape. Dr Montek Singh, who is Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission of India, is widely credited for reforming India's economy and driving its liberalisation programme in the past 16 years.
Dr Roubini is the New York University economics professor who forecasted the U.S. recession more than a year before it began. He was named as one of the 100 most influential people in the world by Time magazine in 2009.
Besides Dr Montek Singh and Dr Roubini, other notable speakers who will address the Symposium include:
- Timothy C Draper, well-known advocate for entrepreneurs and free markets; and Founder and Managing Director of Draper Fisher Jurvetson, a leading global venture capital firm
- Tony D'Aloisio, Chairman of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission; and Chairman of the Joint Forum, an international committee of banking, securities and insurance regulators
- Kathleen Casey, Commissioner, Securities and Exchange Commission, USA
- Masamichi Kono, Vice Commissioner for International Affairs, Financial Services Agency, Japan; and Vice Chairman of the Technical Committee of the International Organisation of Securities Commissions (IOSCO)
- Michel Prada, Chairman, Board of Trustees of the International Valuation Standards Council; and former Chairman of the Autorite des Marches Financiers, France
- Ann Pettifor, Executive Director of Advocacy International, a consultancy which undertakes research and advises governments and organisations on matters relating to international finance and sustainable development
- Azman Mokhtar, Managing Director of the Malaysian state investment arm, Khazanah Nasional Berhad
- Professor Hasung Jang, Dean and Professor of Finance at the Korea University's Business School, well known as a corporate governance crusader
- Abdul Wahid Omar, Chief Executive Officer of one of Malaysia's largest financial groups Maybank
- Hugh Mitchell, Chief Human Resource and Corporate Officer, Royal Dutch Shell (LON:RDSA) (NYSE:RDS.A).
- Faye Wattleton, Senior Managing Director designate of independent global professional services firm Alvarez and Marsal, USA; Co-Founder and former President, Center for the Advancement of Women, who is named as one of the best managers of non-profit organisations in America by Business Week
About 500 participants are expected to attend this premier Symposium. They include policymakers, regulators, CEOs and senior representatives of stock exchanges, public listed companies and leading financial institutions.
Participation in the Symposium is by invitation only. To find out more about the Symposium and register your interest to attend, please visit: http://www.worldcapitalmarketssymposium.org
Some of the companies attending are:
- CIMB Group Holdings Berhad (KUL:COMMERZ)
- CME Group Inc. (NASDAQ:CME) (KUL:CME)
- Korea Exchange Bank (SEO:004940) (PINK:KOOQF)
- Nomura Holdings, Inc. (TYO:8604) (NYSE:NMR)
- Shariah Capital Inc. (LON:SCAP)
About Strategic Public Relations Group Limited
Established in 1995, Strategic Public Relations Group ("SPRG") is the largest Asian independent public relations network and Hong Kong's largest public relations consultancy. With over 240 professionals in nine offices in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia, we provide clients, both local and international, with a comprehensive suite of world-class public relations services including investor relations, corporate and marketing communications, consultancy and event management for IT, healthcare & pharmaceutical brands, sports and lifestyle service and product promotion, CSR communications, media relations, digital/social media, conference and event management, media and presentation skills training, issue and crisis management, editorial services and collateral production.
The World Bank
Strategic Public Relations Group Limited
Shariah Capital Inc.
Royal Dutch Shell
Nomura Holdings, Inc.
Korea Exchange Bank
Global Brand Forum
CME Group Inc.
CIMB Group Holdings Berhad