December 2016 Quarter Presentation
The Business at a Glance
Independent coal company with focus on coking coal
Isaac Plains operational with ramp-up achieved
- 1-2Mtpa sales opportunity (FY17 1.25Mt)
- March 2016 quarter SSCC settled at USD 171 per tonne
- Mining, port and rail contracts in place
- Mid-range of international coking coal cost curve
Isaac Plains represents the Company's platform asset
- Considered as a regional hub
- Dragline, CHPP, conveyors, train load out and other infrastructure 100% owned
- Approvals in place for up to 4.0Mtpa ROM
- Primarily coking coal with secondary thermal coal for export
Multiple acquisition targets and internal projects for Stanmore to capitalise on
- Grow internal production and operational capability
- Focus on coal quality, reliability and creating value where others can't or won't
STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES FY17 AND FORWARD
In place for the short term internal objectives includes establishing reliability and repeatability of production from the Isaac Plains, as well as driving value from the complex via cost per tonne. External short term objectives includes assessing potential assets in proximity to IP Complex.
Underway in the medium term internal objectives includes, developing Isaac Plains East and complete an assessment of Isaac Plains Underground; also rationalise our portfolio based on highest value to shareholders. External medium term objectives underway include pursuing realistically attainable assets with premium coal quality.
Internal long term objectives include the development of portfolio assets. External long term objectives include assessment of product mix strategy.
To view the complete presentation, please visit:
About Stanmore Coal Limited
Stanmore Coal (ASX:SMR) is an operating coal mining company with a number of additional prospective coal projects and mining assets within Queensland's Bowen and Surat Basins. Stanmore Coal owns 100% of the Isaac Plains Coal Mine and the adjoining Isaac Plains East Project and is focused on the creation of shareholder value via the efficient operation of Isaac Plains and identification of further local development opportunities. Stanmore continues to progress its prospective high quality thermal coal assets in the Northern Surat Basin which will prove to be valuable as the demand for high quality, low impurity thermal coal grows at a global level. Stanmore’s focus is on the prime coal bearing regions of the east coast of Australia.
Stanmore Coal Limited