10 Metre Gold Intersection Returned by 1st Kempfield Assays
- Assay results have been received from the 8 hole, 1,833 metre Kempfield diamond drilling program - for hole AKDD197.
- A shallow gold system has been encountered by hole AKDD197, which was designed to test an IP anomaly overlapping magnetic anomaly situated to the south of the known deposit.
- Initial sampling of strong silicification with network quartz-pyrite veining from 12 to 53 metres has returned the following significant gold intervals in hole AKDD197:
-- 10.2 m @ 1.5 g/t Au from 28.0 m
o incl. 5.0 m @ 2.6 g/t Au from 32.2 m
o incl. 1.0 m @ 4.4 g/t Au from 32.2 m
o and 1.0 m @ 5.1 g/t Au from 34.2 m
-- 1.0 m @ 1.0 g/t Au from 48.4 m.
- Drill core samples have been submitted for 5 holes to date, with samples from the remaining 3 holes to be submitted by approximately mid-February 2017.
Assays have been received for hole AKDD197, designed to test a strong induced polarisation (IP) chargeability anomaly overlapping a strong magnetic anomaly to the south of the main deposit, both untested prior to the current drilling programme.
About the AKDD197 gold intersections
Initial samples were submitted for assay through a zone of strong silicification with network quartz-pyrite veining in the AKDD197 drill core from 12.5 to 53.4 metres. AKDD197 was drilled to a total length of 152.2 metres.
The following significant intersections were returned:
- 10.2 m @ 1.5 g/t Au from 28.0 m
-- Including: 5.0 m @ 2.6 g/t Au from 32.2 m which includes the following individual samples:
o 1.0 m @ 4.4 g/t Au from 32.2 m; and
o 1.0 m @ 5.1 g/t Au from 34.2 m.
- 1.0 m @ 0.97 g/t Au from 48.4 m at 0.5 g/t Au.
There were no significant intersections of silver, lead, copper or zinc.
Figure 1 (see link below) illustrates the collar positions and hole trace design for AKDD197 in the context of the lithostratigraphic model announced on 10 October 2016 and the potential extensions and geophysical anomalies that the drilling programme has been designed to test.
Figure 2 (see link below) provides a section view illustrating hole AKDD197 and the returned assay results in the context of the preliminary visual observations of the sampled drill core.
To view tables, figures and appendix, please visit:
About Argent Minerals Limited
Argent Minerals Limited (ASX:ARD) is an Australian publicly listed company with a 100% interest in a silver/gold project at Kempfield NSW. Work is underway on the preparation of an EIS and a feasibility study for the first stage of the project which will involve heap leaching some 8.8 million tonnes of mainly oxide and transitional material to produce over 9.5 million ounces of silver and 15,000 ounces of gold over a 5 year mine life. Argent is also earning up to a 70% interest in two other NSW projects - gold at West Wyalong and base metals at Sunny Corner.
Argent Minerals Limited