Mr Ian Levy, CEO is making the presentation at 4:10 pm on 11 May, 2017.
Shareholders and the public are welcome to attend our exhibition and presentation.
ABx Bauxite Production Started in Tasmania
- First mine started in Tasmania
o Strong community & government support Good infrastructure already in place Ports open all year
o Targeting operating margins of A$10 to A$25 per tonne
- Total Resources 124 million tonnes
o More than 10 viable mines in QLD, NSW & Tasmania
Bauxite is a benign dry "ironstone" gravel with many uses, including:
1. Metallurgical bauxite for aluminium industry
- + 100 million tonnes pa traded globally
- Currently depressed & oversupplied (cyclical) = low profitability
2.Cement-grade bauxite demand is fastest growing market (profitable prices)
- 25 million tonnes pa of cement-grade bauxite traded, growing fast
- ABx's bauxite helps make corrosion-resistant, late-strength cement
- Salt-free, quartz-free & helps cement kilns operate smoothly
- 'ABx bauxite is the best thing you can do for your cement kiln'(customer)
3.Fertiliser-grade bauxite to make superphosphate from rock phosphate
- ABx bauxite used to make granules for single superphosphate
4.BAUXITE REFINING TO PRODUCE ALUMINIUM FLUORIDE
- Increases the value of its bauxite tenfold, capitalising on the clean chemistry of ABx bauxite and the hydro-electricity and skills in Tasmania.
BinjourProject, Queensland: Biggest/Best Deposit
- Largest, highest grade new trihydrategibbsite bauxite project in Pacific Basin28 million tonnes @ +44% Al2O3defined to date & new discoveries found
- Potential partner visiting site late May
To view the full presentation, please visit:
About Australian Bauxite Ltd
Australian Bauxite Limited (ABx) (ASX:ABX) has started its first bauxite mine in Tasmania and holds the core of the Eastern Australian Bauxite Province. ABx's 37 bauxite tenements in Queensland, New South Wales and Tasmania exceed 5,000 km2 and were rigorously selected for (1) good quality bauxite; (2) near infrastructure connected to export ports; and (3) free of socio-environmental constraints. All tenements are 100% owned, unencumbered & free of third-party royalties.
ABx's discovery rate is increasing as knowledge, technology and expertise grows.
The Company's bauxite is high quality gibbsite trihydrate (THA) bauxite and can be processed into alumina at low temperature.
ABx has declared large Mineral Resources at Inverell and Guyra in northern NSW, Taralga in southern NSW, Binjour in central QLD and in Tasmania confirming that ABx has discovered significant bauxite deposits including some of outstandingly high quality.
In Tasmania, at Bald Hill, the Company's first bauxite mine commenced operations on schedule on 9 December 2014 – the first new Australian bauxite mine for more than 35 years.
ABx aspires to identify large bauxite resources in the Eastern Australian Bauxite Province, which is emerging as a globally significant bauxite province. ABx has created significant bauxite developments in 3 states - Queensland, New South Wales and Tasmania. Its bauxite deposits are favourably located for direct shipping of bauxite to both local and export customers.
ABx endorses best practices on agricultural land, strives to leave land and environment better than we find it. We only operate where welcomed.
Australian Bauxite Ltd