Resource upgrade surpasses expectations whilst investment in lithium sector picks upPerth, July 13, 2017 AEST (ABN Newswire) - Lithium Power International (ASX:LPI) has announced a resource upgrade at their Maricunga lithium brine project in Chile.
Highlights of the announcement include:
- 270% increase to the JORC resource - 2.1Mt Lithium Carbonate Equivalent (LCE) and 5.6Mt of Potassium Chloride (KCl);
- Grade - 1,163 mg/l lithium - remains one of the highest grade brine projects globally;
- Exploration target - 1Mt to 2.5 Mt LCE & 3Mt to 6.6 Mt KCl;
- Pre-Feasibility Study - 4Q17.
Analyst Comment: The Maricunga project in our opinion is fast becoming the standout development lithium brine project globally. This resource upgrade (2.1 Mt LCE) was an excellent achievement and surpassed our previous expectations (1.5Mt LCE - TSI estimate).
Importantly the increase in resource size was not at the expense of the projects exceptional grade (1,163 current vs. 1,250 previous), as Maricunga remains one of the highest grade lithium brine projects globally.
We believe this resource is more than sufficient to support a long life operation (TSI estimate - 26 years), and will underpin the Pre-Feasibility study which will be released towards the end of the next quarter (4Q17). Full details of our analysis as well as an update on the lithium market can be accessed by clicking on the button below.
The information in this email should not be the only trigger for your investment decision. We strongly recommend you seek professional financial advice whenever making financial investment decisions.
Valuation: We increased our valuation from $1.10/share to $1.24 / share (SP $0.33 / share). This increase was due to an expansion in our mine life assumption.
The information is general information only. Any advice is general advice only. Neither your personal objectives, financial situation or needs have not been taken into consideration. Accordingly you should consider how appropriate the advice (if any) is to those objectives, financial situation and needs, before acting on the advice. Adam Kiley (AR No. 458224) is an authorised representative of Intelligent Financial Markets Pty Ltd (AFSL No. 426359).
TSI Capital Pty Ltd (TSI Capital) will only initiate coverage of a company that passes our internal investment checklist. Once a company has passed this checklist will we initiation coverage of the company as well as follow up with ongoing updates and commentary on that company's activities.
TSI Capital does and seeks to do business with companies featured in videos on this website. As a result, investors should be aware that TSI Capital may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of our analysis. Investors should consider the information and commentary within this website as only a single factor in making any investment decision. The publishers of this video also wish to disclose that they may hold this stock in their portfolios and that any decision to purchase this stock should be done so after the purchaser has made their own inquires as to the validity of any information in this video.
To view the video, please visit:
About Lithium Power International Ltd
Lithium Power International Limited (ASX:LPI) (FRA:24L) is a pure-play lithium explorer and developer, focusing on developing and fast-tracking to production the high-grade Maricunga lithium brine project in Chile.
LPI has a well known performing technical team with the experience to take the Maricunga project all the way through the development stages to production.
The regions that LPI is currently focussed on are:
1. Maricunga JV (Chile) – On 13th September 2016, Lithium Power announced the creation of a new JV to develop the world-class Maricunga lithium brine deposit in northern Chile.
2. Pilbara (Western Australia) – LPI has one granted exploration tenement and two pending exploration applications covering 203km2 in the Pilbara region of northern Western Australia. The largest granted exploration tenement is at Pilgangoora-Houston Creek is 2-3km west of the Pilbara Minerals (ASX:PLS) and Altura Mining (ASX:AJM) lithium deposits.
3. Greenbushes (Western Australia) – LPI has two granted exploration tenements covering 400km2 in the Greenbushes area of southern Western Australia. The tenements are adjacent to the world’s largest hard rock lithium mine owned & operated by Tianqi/Talison.
4. Centenario (Argentina) –Through its Argentinian subsidiary, Lithium Power holds a total of 6 granted tenements in the Centenario lithium brine salar within the Salta province of the Puna Plateau. In total, the 6 granted tenements cover an area of 61.52km2. In addition, there is 1 further tenement in the grant review stage.
With the exception of the Maricunga JV, all tenements are 100% owned by LPI or LPSA (including rights to the Centenario tenement which is the subject of review by the Argentinian mining authorities).
The Sophisticated Investor
Lithium Power International Ltd