- Four prime lithium projects - 3 brine projects and 1 hard rock project - each capable of being a 'company maker' in Argentina.
- Drilling to start in days at Kachi Lithium Brine Project in Catamarca after last stage of approval successfully completed with a local public hearing.
- Diamond drill program of 1500m in at least 3 holes with initial payments made.
- Lease approvals continue to progress in the Olaroz/Cauchari and Paso Projects in Jujuy province adjacent to Orocobre and SQM/Lithium Americas.
- Letter of Intent (LOI) signed with Catamarca State mining & energy entity to advance Kachi Project.
- Lake holds one of the largest listed lithium lease holdings in Argentina of 170,000 Ha, including areas under option.
- Kachi Lithium Brine Project covers ~52,000Ha consolidated mining leases over an undrilled salt lake near to Albermarle's Antofalla Project.
- Catamarca Pegmatite Lithium Project (~72,000 Ha), under option, with large pegmatite swarms over 150km.
- Focus in coming Quarter on drilling at Kachi Lithium Brine Project; Results expected to be substantially higher than current positive surface results.
- Lake is organizing a debt security to provide additional funding for a drill program without dilution adding to the cash position to meet current exploration initiatives.
To view the full report, please visit:
About Lake Resources NL
Lake Resources NL (ASX:LKE) is undertaking an aggressive exploration programme to explore and develop prime lithium projects in Argentina, owned 100%, among some of the largest players in the lithium sector. Lake holds one of the largest lithium tenement packages in Argentina (~170,000Ha) secured prior to a significant ‘rush’ by major companies with three key lithium brine projects located in the Lithium Triangle which produces half of the world’s lithium. Lake also holds one large package of lithium pegmatite properties which were an unappreciated source of lithium in Argentina until recently.
The three key brine projects, Olaroz/Cauchari, Paso and Kachi, have similar settings to major world class brine projects being developed in the highly prospective Jujuy and Catamarca Provinces. One project is located next to Orocobre’s Olaroz lithium production and SQM/Lithium Americas Cauchari project. The Kachi project covers 50,000 Ha over a salt lake south of FMC’s lithium operation and near Albemarle’s Antofalla project. Exploration and permitting will provide several catalysts for the company’s growth as these areas are assessed for major discoveries.
Significant corporate transactions continue in adjacent leases with development of SQM/Lithium Americas Olaroz/Cauchari project with an equity/debt investment over $300 million and Advantage Lithium’s equity transaction in some of Orocobre’s leases. LSC Lithium has also raised over $60 million on a large lease package in similar areas as Lake’s properties.
Lake Resources NL