Commences Commissioning of Battery Grade Lithium Carbonate Pilot Plant
- Commissioning commences at Prospect Resources' battery grade lithium carbonate pilot plant in Kwekwe, Zimbabwe
- Small scale production of Battery grade >99.5% lithium carbonate continues in Prospect Resources' laboratory, Kwekwe, Zimbabwe
- Ramp up to full pilot production rate of over 100 kg per month of battery grade lithium carbonate expected during Q2 2018
The laboratory achievements to date include:
- Recruitment and training of a team of assayers, chemists and engineers;
- Developed an in-house capacity for metallurgical test work including flotation and leaching test work;
- Full implementation of a laboratory scale lithium carbonate production process to demonstrate the amenability and viability of converting Arcadia 4% Li2O Petalite concentrates into battery grade lithium carbonate.
The company is delighted to announce these results, which demonstrate the success of the programme. In response to these results, Mr Hugh Warner (Chairman) had the following to say: "This is a significant achievement for both Prospect Resources and Zimbabwe. Producing high grade battery quality lithium carbonate that exceeds industry norms bodes well for the ultimate company goal of a large scale lithium carbonate facility in-country. This entire process has been designed and built in-country using local skills and services further demonstrating the business friendly environment that Zimbabwe is rapidly becoming."
To view figures, please visit:
About Prospect Resources Ltd
Prospect Resources Limited (ASX:PSC) is based in Australasia with operations in Zimbabwe and is a publicly listed company. We are committed to creating value for Prospect's shareholders and the communities in which our company operates. Our vision is to build a Southern African based mining company of international scale.
Prospect Resources Ltd