Another Record Month of Gold Production for Blackham
- Operations continued to generate strong cash flows in February
- New record monthly gold production in Feb'18 of 6,713oz (Jan'18: 6,498oz)
- 150kt milled for the month at an average rate of 5,347tpd or 1.95Mtpa annualised (2% higher than Jan'18)
- Mill feed grade improved to 1.5g/t, a 13% improvement on prior month
- High grade stockpiles were 144kt @ 1.7g/t Au at 28 Feb 2018 and expected to grow during Mar'18
- All in sustaining costs reduced to A$912/oz in Feb'18, a 21% decrease on Jan'18 (A$1,158/oz)
- Average realised gold price during the month of A$1,670/oz
- Cash and bullion of $31.4 million and secured debt of $43.8 million at 28 Feb 2018
February's open pit mining stripping ratio was a low 1.5:1 (waste:ore) (Jan'18: 3.6:1). The low stripping ratio and increased gold production resulted in Blackham achieving a record low monthly AISC in Feb'18 of A$912/oz (A$1,158/oz - Jan'18), in comparison to an average realised gold price during the month of A$1,670/oz, continuing its high margin production for the quarter to date.
Despite significant rainfall and lightning events during the month, which restricted mining operations, the Operation has increased the high grade stockpiles, which currently total 144kt @ 1.7g/t Au. Milled grade and gold production are expected to continue to improve during Mar'18 with the increasing grade of the mill feed stockpiles.
Blackham's Executive Chairman, Mr Milan Jerkovic, said:
"February's operational results demonstrate a continued improvement of the turnaround that commenced in December 2017. Record production and further reduced costs from the Operation underpinned another month of strong cashflow, whilst maintaining stockpiles with increased grades. We remain confident that 2018 will be a transformational year that will generate significant cash flows and value for Blackham and its shareholders."
To view tables and figures, please visit:
About Blackham Resources Ltd
Blackham Resources Limited (ASX:BLK) (OTCMKTS:BKHRF) Wiluna-Matilda Gold Operation is located in Australia's largest gold belt which stretches from Norseman through Kalgoorlie to Wiluna. The Operation now includes resources of 96Mt @ 2.2g/t for 6.7Moz Au all within 20kms of the central processing facility. Blackham has consolidated the entire Wiluna Goldfield within a +1,100km2 tenement package which has historically produced in excess of 4.4 million ounces over a 120-year mining history.
Blackham Resources Ltd