Seed Capital Secured & Site Works Commenced
- The Research Site for Stage 1 was occupied 1 July 2018 on schedule - see Appendix. Factory spaces were cleared of components not needed for ALCORE's Stage 1 Pilot Plant, walls panelled & painted. Floors are now levelled and patched for application of reagentsafe sealants to allow engineering measurements for final plant sizing so that fabricated components and modules fit safely.
- ALCORE technology is designed to refine raw bauxite to produce Aluminium Fluoride (AlF3) and other valuable co-products from ABx bauxite - see Figure 1 in link below.
- The Board of ALCORE Limited is shown in Figure 2(see link below). Site employees have been recruited and more will be recruited over coming weeks and months as the project develops
- Stage 1 site operation budget is $2.5 million at the approved research site (see Appendix)
- Stage 1 commences with the production of AlF3 test samples and then production of Corethane, which is pure hydrocarbon powder refined from low-value coals
- Corethane has been used to provide thermal and electrical power and also been used several times as a gas-substitute in gas turbine electrical generators, and used as a diesel substitute for fuel security purposes. Corethane also has industrial applications and several potential customers have already requested test samples for their industrial plants.
- Discussions continue with governments, agencies and major companies in the aluminium industry
ABx CEO, Ian Levy Comments:
"This is the beginning of a powerful new bauxite refining technology which will commence as an important supplier of key AlF3 products for the Australasian aluminium smelters and producing silica fume for the cement industry, then develop Corethane pure hydrocarbons for energy and fuel security.
"Upside potential includes expanding the product range to AlF3 for Lithium-ion batteries, iron and titanium-based pigments and then developing ultra-pure products such as high purity alumina ("HPA") for the manufacture of scratch-resistant sapphire glass for phones and computer screens."
"ABx continues the development of its three core bauxite projects, namely the Tasmanian mine and the large Binjour Project in central QLD and the Penrose refractory bauxite project 90km inland of Port Kembla NSW. Creating ALCORE Limited as a project-specific subsidiary is expected to unlock considerable value for shareholders in both the short and medium terms."
Listing Rules Consideration
ABx notes that in the event the Company opts at any time to spin-out ALCORE through an IPO then Listing Rule 1.19 provides that: "Admission to the official list, and the category of an entity's admission, is in ASX's absolute discretion. ASX may admit an entity on any conditions it thinks appropriate. ASX may grant or refuse admission without giving any reasons."
Further, in the event that Listing Rule 11.4 applies, ABx shareholders must approve the spin-out of the securities, except those to be retained by ABx, are offered pro rata to holders of ordinary the securities in the listed entity, or in another way that, in ASX's opinion, is fair in all the circumstances.
To view figures, please visit:
About Australian Bauxite Ltd
Australian Bauxite Limited (ABx) (ASX:ABX) has its first bauxite mine in Tasmania and holds the core of the Eastern Australian Bauxite Province. ABx's 22 bauxite tenements in Queensland, New South Wales & Tasmania exceed 1,975 km2 and were selected for (1) good quality bauxite; (2) near infrastructure connected to export ports; & (3) free of socio-environmental constraints. All tenements are 100% owned, unencumbered & free of third-party royalties. ABx's discovery rate is increasing as knowledge, technology & expertise grows.
The Company's bauxite is high quality gibbsite trihydrate (THA) bauxite that can be processed into alumina at low temperature.
ABx has declared large Mineral Resources at Inverell & Guyra in northern NSW, Taralga in southern NSW, Binjour in central QLD & in Tasmania, confirming that ABx has discovered significant bauxite deposits including some of outstandingly high quality.
At Bald Hill near Campbell Town, Tasmania, the Company's first bauxite mine commenced operations in December 2014 – the first new Australian bauxite mine for more than 35 years. ABx has created significant bauxite developments in 3 states - Queensland, New South Wales and Tasmania. Its bauxite deposits are favourably located for direct shipping of bauxite to both local and export customers.
ABx endorses best practices on agricultural land, strives to leave land and environment better than we find it. We only operate where welcomed.
Australian Bauxite Ltd