Quarterly Activities Report
- Successful drilling of Primero West-1 well and Nyanda-4 corehole.
- Primero West-1 encountered a net gas-bearing zone of up to 12.5m. Gas was flowed at a rate of 0.436 mmscf/d through a 48/64" choke.
- Nyanda-4 the first CSG well drilled in Reid's Dome / PL 231. 40.4m net coal and 25m carbonaceous shale confirmed, plus conventional / tight gas in sands and shales of Reid's Dome Beds.
- Gas bubbling and hissing from both coals and sandstones in Nyanda-4 core, with numerous gas peaks in logs.
- While gas desorption is continuing, average gas content recorded to date is 11.6m3/t in cored coal seams from Nyanda-4 commencing at 396m.
- State Gas increased its Participating Interest in PL 231 to 80% and is transitioning to 100%, with Offer/Acceptance Notices issued on 4 December under the Joint Operating Agreement.
To view the full report, please visit:
About State Gas Limited
State Gas Limited (ASX:GAS) is a Queensland-based developer of the Reid's Dome gas field (PL 231), which includes both CSG and conventional gas, originally discovered in 1954 during oil drilling prior to the existence of a pipeline network and an east coast gas market. The Reid's Dome field is located in the Bowen Basin in Central Queensland on the apex of the Springsure-Sericold Anticline. State Gas is sole Operator and 80%-owner (transitioning to 100%) of PL 231, which is well-located 30 kilometres southwest of Rolleston, approximately 47 kilometres from the Queensland Gas Pipeline.
State Gas Limited