Half Year Report
- PUREgraphite due diligence undertaken ahead of ownership increase to 75% in January 2019.
- Completed manufacturing for first suite of commercial furnaces (acceptance January 2019)
- Received first group of commercial milling equipment, and ordered balance of initial plant
- Planned product trials with multiple global battery makers (trials commenced January 2019)
- Continued product trials in Tennessee facility with US-based beachhead customers
- Evaluated and short-listed industrial properties suitable for scaling the business above 1,000tpa
- Commissioned the NOVONIX pilot battery cell manufacturing facility in Halifax, Canada
- Commenced NOVONIX's internal electrolyte materials R&D program in Halifax
- Continued growth in forward sales for BTS equipment and services, aiming for 30%+ YOY
- R&D partnership signed with Dalhousie University and filed first patent application in December 2018
- Filed US provisional patent for Silicon Infused Graphite for anode material (publication pending)
- Awarded C$487,693 R&D support grant from Government of Canada (NRC IRAP)
- Andrew Liveris AO formally appointed to the NVX Board in July 2018
- A$5.5m raised through the issue of convertible loan notes in July 2018 to fund working capital as the business transitions into production
- A$10.9m funding arranged for exercise of PUREgraphite call option (completed January 2019)
To view the full report, please visit:
About NOVONIX Ltd
NOVONIX Ltd (ASX:NVX) (FRA:GC3) is an integrated developer and supplier of high performance materials, equipment and services for the global lithium-ion battery industry with operations in the USA and Canada and sales in 14 countries.
NOVONIX is majority-owner of the PUREgraphite battery anode material Joint Venture, headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA.
NOVONIX's mission is to accelerate the adoption of batteries for a cleaner energy future.