In 2016, the Company successfully transitioned from technology development to global commercialisation of its innovative and patented Membrane Aerated Biofilm Reactor ("MABR") wastewater treatment technology.
Regional sales capabilities have been established on four continents:
- Middle East (Israel);
- Americas (US Virgin Islands, and a demonstration facility with Stanford University's Codiga Resource Recovery Center);
- Africa (Ethiopia); and
- Asia (China).
Of all these markets, China offers the greatest near term growth opportunities. In February 2016, the Chinese Central Government released the 13th Five Year Plan. This Plan includes Central Government funding to increase the proportion of remote Chinese villages with wastewater treatment from 10% to 70%. The Company has entered into four strategic partnership agreements in China to date.
The Group's principal activities in the course of the financial year were:
- The research, development and commercialisation of innovative wastewater treatment systems incorporating Membrane Aerated Biofilm Reactor ("MABR") based wastewater treatment technology for use in decentralised settings;
- Implementing the multi-faceted China strategy;
- Implementing the US strategy based on an initial Recycle as a Service ("RaaS") development phase and appointment of regional manufacturer representatives;
- Developing the larger scale SUBRE product ready for field testing; and
- Progressing the Electrogenic Bio Reactor ("EBR") technology for potential use in certain industrial waste applications.
Aside from the global commercialisation of the MABR based wastewater treatment technologies and the commencement of activities to establish global manufacturing facilities in China, there were no other significant changes in the nature of the Company's principal activities during the financial year.
To view the full report, please visit:
About Fluence Corporation Ltd
The vision of Fluence Corporation Ltd (ASX:FLC) (OTCMKTS:EMFGF) is to become a leading global provider of fast-to-deploy decentralized and packaged water and wastewater treatment solutions, already an estimated A$17 billion market in 2016, excluding the China rural market opportunity. Fluence has experience operating in over 70 countries worldwide and employs more than 300 highly trained water professionals around the globe. The Company provides local, sustainable treatment and reuse solutions while empowering businesses and communities worldwide to make the most of their water resources.
Fluence offers an integrated range of services across the complete water cycle, from early stage evaluation, through design and delivery to ongoing support and optimization of water related assets. With core operations in North America, South America, the Middle East and Europe, one of Fluence’s main focuses will be expanding into the vast market in China for rural wastewater treatment.
For more information please visit our website: http://www.fluencecorp.com
Managing Director & CEO
Link: Preliminary Final Report
Fluence Corporation Ltd (ASX:FLC) Exclusively Selected by African Nation to Negotiate US$100M+ Water Treatment Plant