Global Honourees Include Balfour Beatty, China State Construction, John Holland, NGE, Parsons, Rio Tinto, Riyadh Metro, and VINCI ConstructionAconex Limited (
"The winners of the Aconex Connect Awards have shown us the future of our industry," said Paul Perrett, chief operating officer of Aconex. "These individuals and their companies have achieved outstanding results by digitising their project data and processes in creative ways. This has enabled them to focus on what they do best - building quality assets on time and on budget under challenging circumstances."
Listed below are examples of compelling metrics achieved by 2017 Aconex Connect Award winners worldwide:
- BAM International reduced RFI cycles by 50%, and accelerated approval of both multidimensional models and shop drawings through continuous updates using Aconex Connected BIM.
- Balfour Beatty saved approximately GBP1.3 million over 20 months by reducing errors and rework through document version control.
- Burns & McDonnell reduced average response times for workflow requests by 64%, from 14 days to 5 days, and for mail by 80%, from 5 days to 1 day.
- FourSQ increased efficiency by an estimated 25-30%, improved quality by 25-30%, and reduced tendering time by 50%.
- Grocon / PCL Joint Venture saved approximately A$778,000 in time and labour and A$950,000 in reporting over 4.5 years.
- Hacer Group reduced average turnaround times for RFIs by 55%, from 5-6 days to 2.5 days.
- Hawkins reduced the annual cost of project reporting by an estimated NZ$2.2 million while increasing visibility of key performance indicators (KPIs), and expects to save an estimated NZ$250,000 in administrative costs on improved quality assurance inspections, leading to reductions in rework.
- Metro de Santiago reduced project implementation time by 91%, from 45 hours to four hours.
- NGE expects to save up to EUR40,000 per day on late penalties through workflow management and up to EUR600,000 on document management across sites over five years.
- Parsons saved approximately US$5.8 million on improved efficiency of document reviews and US$1.6 million over four years on the redeployment of document controllers.
- Rio Tinto saved an estimated US$3 million over four years by reducing overlap times for information transfer during employee rotations.
Asia and ANZ Winners
Aconex customers were nominated for the Aconex Connect Awards in three categories:
1. Hero Award - managing change in projects to minimise risk and save costs
2. Project Award - collaborating effectively across project teams for successful delivery
3. Enterprise Award - standardising best project practices across enterprise portfolios.
A list of selected 2017 Aconex Connect Award winners in Asia and ANZ appears below:
- China Road and Bridge Corporation - Project Award to Hu Junquan for project management on the Belt and Road motorway project in Pakistan.
- China State Construction Corporation - Project Award to Li Ganchun for project management on the Belt and Road motorway project in Pakistan.
- FourSQ - Hero Award to Andrew Cory for quality.
- Hacer Group - Hero Award to Ivan Marinovic for implementation of Aconex Field and BidContender.
- Grocon / PCL Joint Venture - Project Award for compliance during the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre (VCCC) project in Melbourne.
- Hawkins - Enterprise Award to Craig Watkins for advanced analytics through application programming interfaces (APIs).
- John Holland - Enterprise Award to Tim Crisp for accelerated adoption and optimisation.
- Mirvac Constructions - Project Award to Boris Djakovic for project lifecycle management on the EY Centre at 200 George Street in Sydney.
Read more about selected 2017 Aconex Connect Award winners at:
About Aconex Ltd
Aconex Limited (ASX:ACX) provides the #1 cloud collaboration platform for digital project delivery. This platform connects owners, contractors and their project teams in the construction, infrastructure, and energy and resources sectors, providing project-wide visibility and control between the many different organisations collaborating across their projects. With more than 70,000 user organisations in 70 countries, Aconex is the industry’s most widely adopted and trusted platform. Founded in 2000, Aconex has 47 offices in 23 countries around the world. The company's ordinary shares are traded on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the ticker code ACX and are included in the S&P/ASX 200 Index.
For more information on Aconex, please visit:
Investor Centre: http://investor.aconex.com
+1 415 914 7309
+61 2 8234 0100
Aconex Ltd (ASX:ACX) and the Victorian Government to Host the Second Annual Construction Technology Summit
East Coles: 2017 'Best Companies' S&P/ASX100 - Top 10 Finalists: AGL, AMC, APA, BTT, CSL, JHG, RHC, TCL, TPG, WES