- COB announces 63km2 major airborne geophysical survey (EM & Magnetics) to cover entire exploration area - with expectations of further cobalt targets.
- Appointment of new Board member adding financial/mining development skills.
- Stage One of the Thackaringa JV nearing completion.
Following on from robust FY17 results, COB is pleased to finalise and announce an extensive work program for FY18 designed to realise continued resource growth, highlights include:
- Targeted resource upgrade aimed at defining a 40Mt Indicated Resource as a stepping stone for further development.
- Aerial geophysical program (EM & Magnetics) designed to uncover cobaltiferous pyrite and other anomalies. The geophysical program is an exciting addition and will considerably expand the exploration focus (covering the entire Thackaringa tenure area of 63km2 comprising ELs 6622 & 8143). Building this program into Stage One will allow delineation of additional targets for exploration as the project matures.
- Additional resource definition drilling in Stage Two designed to achieve a resource that supports the results of the Scoping Study.
Appointment of new Board member adds strong skills. COB is also delighted to announce the appointment of Matthew Hill to its Board. Matthew is an experienced mining executive and merchant banker, previously at Potter Warburg (now UBS); Eventures; Pitt Capital and Souls Private Equity Limited. His experience will assist COB in growing and financing its needs as it progresses towards operations. Matthew is currently CEO of New Talisman Gold Ltd (
COB remains on track to complete Stage One. With the inclusion of the 40Mt Indicated Resource and the aerial geophysical program, the JV agreement between COB and Broken Hill Prospecting Limited (
The Scoping Study has now been delivered. Shareholders can expect a release/update once the Scoping Study has been approved by the COB Board.
Note: The Thackaringa Mineral Resource estimate is as released on 5 June 2017 at a cut-off of 500ppm Co and inclusive of both Indicated and Inferred resource classifications.
About Cobalt Blue Holdings Limited
Cobalt Blue Holdings Ltd (ASX:COB) is an exploration and project development company focussed on green energy technology. Work programs are advancing to enable an upgrade of the Mineral Resource at the Thackaringa Cobalt Project in New South Wales to include Measured Resources.
Cobalt is a strategic metal in strong demand for new generation batteries, particularly lithium-ion batteries now being widely used in clean energy systems.
Potential to extend the Mineral Resource at Pyrite Hill, Big Hill, Railway and the other prospects is high. Numerous other prospects within COB’s tenement package are at an early stage and under-explored.
Chief Executive Officer
Cobalt Blue Holdings Limited