- Exploration program continues over lithium mining leases in Argentina despite winter weather.
- Drilling to commence in the near term at Kachi Lithium Brine Project in Catamarca pending final approval.
- Lease approvals significantly advanced in the Olaroz/Cauchari and Paso Projects in Jujuy province adjacent to Orocobre and Lithium Americas/SQM.
- Planned initial drill program in Argentina in 2017 is fully funded.
- Lake holds one of the largest listed lithium lease holdings in Argentina of 170,000 Ha, including areas under option - 3 Brine Projects and 1 Hard rock.
- Kachi Lithium Brine Project covers ~50,000Ha consolidated mining leases over an undrilled salt lake near to Albermarle's Antofalla Project.
- Catamarca Pegmatite Lithium Project (~72,000 Ha), under option, shows large pegmatite swarms indicating new discovery potential at low altitudes.
- Focus in September Quarter on drilling at Kachi Lithium Brine Project; Results expected to be substantially higher than current positive surface results.
- Lake sufficiently funded to meet current exploration initiatives with ~$1.4m cash at bank and low quarterly burn.
To view the full report, please visit:
About Lake Resources NL
Lake Resources NL (ASX:LKE) is a lithium exploration and development company focused on developing its 3 lithium brine projects and 1 hard rock project in Argentina, all owned 100%. The leases are in a prime location among the lithium sector's largest players within the Lithium Triangle where half of the world's lithium is produced. Lake holds one of the largest lithium tenement packages in Argentina (~180,000Ha) secured in 2016 prior to a significant 'rush' by major companies. The large holdings provides the potential to provide security of supply demanded by battery and electric vehicle manufacturers located.
The three key brine projects, Olaroz/Cauchari, Paso and Kachi, are located adjacent to major world class brine projects either in production or being developed in the highly prospective Jujuy and Catamarca Provinces. The Olaroz-Cauchari project is located in the same basin as Orocobre's Olaroz lithium production and adjoins SQM/Lithium Americas Cauchari project, where high grade lithium (600 mg/L) with high flow rates have been drilled immediately across the lease boundary. The Kachi project covers 50,000 Ha over a salt lake south of FMC's lithium operation and near Albemarle's Antofalla project.
Drilling at Kachi has confirmed a large lithium brine bearing basin over 25km long and over 400m deep. Drilling over Kachi is aimed to produce a resource statement later in 2018. Drilling will commence in coming months at Olaroz-Cauchari now that tenure has been confirmed in a landmark agreement in March 2018. This will provide several catalysts for the company's growth. Scope exists to unlock considerable value through partnerships and corporate deals in the near-term.
Lake Resources N.L.
Lake Resources NL (ASX:LKE) Drilling Confirms Large Scale Lithium Brine Basin Kachi Lithium Project, Argentina