- Exploration program continues over lithium mining leases in Argentina despite winter weather.
- Drilling to commence in the near term at Kachi Lithium Brine Project in Catamarca pending final approval.
- Lease approvals significantly advanced in the Olaroz/Cauchari and Paso Projects in Jujuy province adjacent to Orocobre and Lithium Americas/SQM.
- Planned initial drill program in Argentina in 2017 is fully funded.
- Lake holds one of the largest listed lithium lease holdings in Argentina of 170,000 Ha, including areas under option - 3 Brine Projects and 1 Hard rock.
- Kachi Lithium Brine Project covers ~50,000Ha consolidated mining leases over an undrilled salt lake near to Albermarle's Antofalla Project.
- Catamarca Pegmatite Lithium Project (~72,000 Ha), under option, shows large pegmatite swarms indicating new discovery potential at low altitudes.
- Focus in September Quarter on drilling at Kachi Lithium Brine Project; Results expected to be substantially higher than current positive surface results.
- Lake sufficiently funded to meet current exploration initiatives with ~$1.4m cash at bank and low quarterly burn.
To view the full report, please visit:
About Lake Resources NL
Lake Resources NL (ASX:LKE) is undertaking an aggressive exploration programme to explore and develop prime lithium projects in Argentina, owned 100%, among some of the largest players in the lithium sector. Lake holds one of the largest lithium tenement packages in Argentina (~170,000Ha) secured prior to a significant ‘rush’ by major companies with three key lithium brine projects located in the Lithium Triangle which produces half of the world’s lithium. Lake also holds one large package of lithium pegmatite properties which were an unappreciated source of lithium in Argentina until recently.
The three key brine projects, Olaroz/Cauchari, Paso and Kachi, have similar settings to major world class brine projects being developed in the highly prospective Jujuy and Catamarca Provinces. One project is located next to Orocobre’s Olaroz lithium production and SQM/Lithium Americas Cauchari project. The Kachi project covers 50,000 Ha over a salt lake south of FMC’s lithium operation and near Albemarle’s Antofalla project. Exploration and permitting will provide several catalysts for the company’s growth as these areas are assessed for major discoveries.
Significant corporate transactions continue in adjacent leases with development of SQM/Lithium Americas Olaroz/Cauchari project with an equity/debt investment over $300 million and Advantage Lithium’s equity transaction in some of Orocobre’s leases. LSC Lithium has also raised over $60 million on a large lease package in similar areas as Lake’s properties.
Lake Resources N.L.
Lake Resources NL (ASX:LKE) FNN Interview with Managing Director on Four Lithium Projects in Argentina and Lithium Demand
Lake Resources NL (ASX:LKE) Letter of Intent Signed with Argentine Government Entity to Facilitate Development of Kachi Lithium Brine Project