- Profound mineralogical and geochemical alteration halo recognised in new drilling at Windy Hill
- Outer polymetallic zone of Zn+Ag+Cu+/-Pb, transitioning to Au+Cu+Ag+/-Zn+/-Pb, with internal core copper-bearing core; confirmed in soil sampling and drilling results
- Large, sulphide-rich intrusion-related breccia pipe identified;
o PDD018 intersected a 235m width of = 10% pyrite-mineralised breccia and diorite interpreted as late pyrite-rich hydrothermal venting of major intrusionrelated system
- EL8266 at the Paupong Project (Windy Hill) has been relinquished, and the same ground approved by the NSW Department of Resources and Energy for a new exploration licence
- The Programme of Works for the 200 RC hole resource and exploration drilling program at Mt Roberts has been approved by the Department of Mines and Petroleum, WA
New diamond drilling at Windy Hill has revealed a profound mineralogical and geochemical alteration halo associated with magnetic and IP targets (see Note below). These zones are interpreted as halos above a cluster of buried intrusions and represent the influx of substantial sulphide-bearing, albeit low-gold fluids into the country rock. A pyrite-mineralised diatreme breccia, interpreted as a venting structure associated with cooling and de-gassing of the intrusion, was intersected in recent drilling. This hole (PDD018) revealed a 235m downhole width of pyrite-rich breccia with pyrite-rich diorite matrix. This signifies that the overall system is sulphur-rich, and therefore has high potential to contain concentrations of precious metals such as gold, silver, copper, lead and zinc.
During the coming months, Alt plans to focus on resource and exploration drilling at the Mt Roberts project in WA. Ahead of planned drilling, a Programme of Works (POW) has been approved by the West Australian Department of Mines and Petroleum for a 200 RC hole drilling campaign.
See ARS Announcement, 24th May 2016: http://abnnewswire.net/lnk/6U77E4OI
To view the full report, please visit:
About Alt Resources Ltd
Alt Resources Limited (ASX:ARS) is an Australian based mineral exploration company exploring the newly discovered Paupong IRG mineral system located in the south-east Lachlan Orogen in New South Wales. Alt retains a 70% interest in the Paupong and Myalla Projects with JV partner GFM Exploration Pty Ltd.
ContactAlt Resources Ltd
FINANCE VIDEO: Alt Resources Ltd (ASX:ARS) Geologist Dr Helen Degeling Interviewed at Diggers and Dealers 2017