Maricunga Joint Venture - The Road to DevelopmentLithium Power International Ltd (
Maricunga Lithium Brine Project Overview
- Located within the "Lithium Triangle" in northern Chile, home to the largest and highest quality lithium brine deposits.
- LPI's Maricunga project is the highest quality pre-production lithium brine project in South America in terms of lithium grade, size and aquifer characteristics.
- Most advanced project in Chile outside of the mine expansions by SQM and Albemarle.
- The Maricunga project is a joint venture between Lithium Power (50%), a Chilean investor (32.3%) and Li3 Energy (17.7%). Lithium Power's interest is subject to final earn-in payments of US$9.5m prior to September 2018.
- The properties are 100% owned by the JV and not subject to leasehold related negotiations impacting other Chilean operators.
- 2017 JORC and Ni43-101 Resource Estimate
-- 80% Measured & Indicated: 1.7 mt LCE and 4.5 mt KCI
-- 20% Inferred: 0.45mt LCE and 1.2mt KCI
-- One of the worlds highest grade lithium resources at 1,160 mg/l lithium and 8,500 mg/l potassium
- WorleyParsons - Preliminary study results have been positive, indicating Maricunga to be a low-cost lithium producer with long mine life. Port and logistics assessment also fully completed.
- Preliminary economic study accuracy well underway - targeted release end 2017. Definitive feasibility study targeted by end of 2Q18.
- Stage 1 Pilot plant test work has successfully achieved 5% lithium concentration; Stage 2 test work underway with first Li2C03 and KCI production samples expected by the end 2017
- Optimization of lithium extraction and potassium production to develop the lowest cost process with highest possible recoveries (See page 21)
- All permitting and government approvals targeted 2Q19
To view the full presentation, please visit:
About Lithium Power International Ltd
Lithium Power International Limited (ASX:LPI) (FRA:24L) is a pure-play lithium explorer and developer, focusing on developing and fast-tracking to production the high-grade Maricunga lithium brine project in Chile.
LPI has a well known performing technical team with the experience to take the Maricunga project all the way through the development stages to production.
The regions that LPI is currently focussed on are:
1. Maricunga JV (Chile) – On 13th September 2016, Lithium Power announced the creation of a new JV to develop the world-class Maricunga lithium brine deposit in northern Chile.
2. Pilbara (Western Australia) – LPI has one granted exploration tenement and two pending exploration applications covering 203km2 in the Pilbara region of northern Western Australia. The largest granted exploration tenement is at Pilgangoora-Houston Creek is 2-3km west of the Pilbara Minerals (PLS.ASX) and Altura Mining (AJM.ASX) lithium deposits.
3. Greenbushes (Western Australia) – LPI has two granted exploration tenements covering 400km2 in the Greenbushes area of southern Western Australia. The tenements are adjacent to the world’s largest hard rock lithium mine owned & operated by Tianqi/Talison.
4. Centenario (Argentina) –Through its Argentinian subsidiary, Lithium Power holds a total of 6 granted tenements in the Centenario lithium brine salar within the Salta province of the Puna Plateau. In total, the 6 granted tenements cover an area of 61.52km2. In addition, there is 1 further tenement in the grant review stage.
With the exception of the Maricunga JV, all tenements are 100% owned by LPI or LPSA (including rights to the Centenario tenement which is the subject of review by the Argentinian mining authorities).
ContactMartin C Holland - CEO
Lithium Power International
Lithium Power International Ltd (ASX:LPI) Update on Centenario Lithium Project Sale and Potential Disposal of Assets
Lithium Power International Ltd (ASX:LPI) Increases Ownership to 51.35% of the Maricunga Lithium Brine Project and Strengthens Board