- Permits for up to 3,000 metres of new drilling lodged
- Drill core will primarily be used for collecting a large sample for a pilot metallurgy program. Data will be used for Definitive Feasibility Study
- Some additional drilling will be used for geotechnical, infill and expansion purposes
- Drilling and pilot metallurgy last major work programs prior to completion of the Definitive Feasibility Study in early 2018
The Company is planning a diamond drilling program of up to 3,000 metres commencing in early November. The objectives of the drilling, include:
- Collecting up to 5 tonnes of drill core for a pilot metallurgical testing program. The pilot program data will be used for inputs into the process plant design in the Definitive Feasibility Study ("DFS");
- Infill definition drilling within the main resource zone (Infill zone on Figure 1) where the mineralisation is not well defined and is currently treated as waste. This has the potential to reduce the waste to ore ratio;
- Potential expansion of the northern pegmatite zone which intersected 7m @ 1.36% Li20 from 15 metres in the last drilling program; and
- Completion of geotechnical drilling. This will enable finalisation of the pit wall slopes for the DFS.
The drilling and pilot metallurgy programs will be the last major work programs before completion of the DFS in early 2018.
To view figures, please visit:
About Sayona Mining Ltd
Sayona Mining Limited (ASX:SYA) (OTCMKTS:DMNXF) is an Australian-based, ASX-listed (SYA) company focused on sourcing and developing the raw materials required to construct lithium-ion batteries for use in the rapidly growing new and green technology sectors.
The Company's primary focus is the development of the Authier Lithium deposit in Quebec, Canada however exploration for additional lithium deposits is also ongoing in the Authier region and in the Pilbara of Western Australia where the Company has an extensive lithium exploration package of tenements.
ContactChief Executive Officer