Multiple milestones achieved in 2017
During 2017, Emefcy Group Limited successfully undertook the acquisition of the RWL Water Group, with all acquisition-related integration activities completed to form Fluence Corporation Limited. This has enabled Fluence to expand the global reach and market opportunities for its key products: desalination, wastewater treatment and wastewater-to energy.
Notable successes include:
- Innovation drove new market opportunities, including the first SUBRE product contract awarded to upgrade a centralised wastewater treatment plant in Israel. SUBRE enables compliance with tighter nitrogen discharge rules without using hazardous chemicals, while also increasing plant capacity and increase target markets;
- The Group's Chinese subsidiary was incorporated and its manufacturing facility in Jiangsu Province is now operating. First production of MABR Modules was achieved in September 2017;
- Progress in China with the signing of a framework agreement with partner Jiangsu Jinzi Environmental Science and Technology Company. The agreement contemplates the delivery of six Containerized Smart Packaged wastewater treatment plants based on Fluence's MABR technology (C-MABR);
- Exclusive memorandum of understanding (MOU) signed with an African nation to design and construct an advanced water treatment plant;
- EUR1.5 million contract signed with VINCI Construction Grands Projects (France) to supply three NIROBOX(TM) containerized seawater desalination units for the island of Mayotte;
- US Virgin Islands MABR installation received approval from the US Environmental Protection Agency;
- US$1.7 million contract executed with Irotop S.A., a leading Ecuadorian fish processing company, to purify wastewater from its tuna and sardine processing and packing plants;
- Agreement executed with Stanford University to deploy, test for compliance with USA environmental regulations and measure the performance of Fluence's MABR wastewater treatment technology at Stanford's Codiga Resource Recovery Center. The MABR demonstration unit was commissioned in Q1 2018; and
- Awarded the "2018 Global Decentralized Water & Wastewater Treatment Company of the Year" by Frost and Sullivan who noted the key benefits of Fluence's modular, decentralised systems, such as lower operating cost, easier maintenance, and lower capital outlays.
To view the full report, please visit:
About Fluence Corporation Ltd
Fluence Corporation (ASX:FLC) (OTCMKTS:EMFGF) has experience operating in over 70 countries worldwide and employs more than 300 highly trained water professionals around the globe. The Company provides local, sustainable treatment and reuse solutions, while empowering businesses and communities worldwide to make the most of their water resources.
Fluence offers an integrated range of services across the complete water cycle, from early stage evaluation, through design and delivery to ongoing support and optimization of water related assets. With established operations in North America, South America, the Middle East and Europe, Fluence is also expanding into China's rural wastewater treatment market.
Global consultancy Frost and Sullivan recently awarded Fluence Corporation "2018 Global Decentralized Water and Wastewater Treatment Company of the Year", noting in their award dissertation:
"While typical decentralized water treatment systems are relatively expensive, complicated, and inefficient, Fluence Corporation leverages innovative and smart technology solutions backed by decades of industrial know-how to excel in water and wastewater treatment solutions. Fluence's excellence becomes apparent through its success, as the company continues to expand its existing offerings as well as partnerships with other prominent companies in the industry. With its easy to use, sustainable, smart and cost-effective solutions as well as a remarkable year of growth, innovation, and leadership, Fluence Corporation earns Frost & Sullivan's 2018 Global Company of the Year Award in the decentralized water and wastewater treatment industry."
Further information can be found at http://www.fluencecorp.com/
Henry Charrabé (USA)
Managing Director & CEO
Richard Irving (USA)
Ross Kennedy (Australia)
Company Secretary & Advisor to the Board
Investors & media (USA):
Gary Dvorchak, CFA
The Blueshirt Group
P: +1-323-240-5796 (US) or +86-138-1079-1480 (China)
Fluence Corporation Ltd (ASX:FLC) Further Strengthens the Board with Appointment of Non-Executive Director Paul Donnelly