Seymour Lake more than doubles in size after further detailed analysis and review of new satellite imageryDiversified minerals explorer and developer Ardiden Limited (
- 60 new highly-prospective target locations with lithium-bearing potential have been identified by Ardiden, at Seymour Lake via a detailed review and analysis of new satellite imagery
- These new targets are in addition to the 100 target locations recently announced by the Company and the previously identified 40 pegmatite exposures along the 5km strike zone, with several of these exposures hosting visible spodumene
- Numerous exposures recently identified share a number of physical similarities to those found at both Aubry and Pye pegmatites
- As a result of the detailed review, Ardiden stakes approximately 8,750 hectares (400 claims) on the eastern edge of the Seymour Lake Project, significantly expanding the project eastwards
- Continued data review at Seymour Lake continues to provides Ardiden with a significant and diversified opportunity to explore and target new exploration targets across its 16,654 -hectare landholding
- Identification of new prospective areas have the potential to significantly increase the overall scale and value of the Seymour Lake project
- The Ardiden geological team about to commence the large-scale field mapping program next week on 160 new target areas
As a result of the review Ardiden has applied for (staked) approximately 400 claim areas (totally 8,747Ha) on the eastern edge of the Seymour Lake Project with the Ontario Ministry of Northern Development and Mines ("MNDM"). This large new area was staked on the basis that many new target areas were identified outside of the original project claims.
This additional land provides Ardiden with a significant and diversified opportunity to explore and target potentially new pegmatite-hosting structures across its dominant, 16,654 -hectare landholding.
With more than 160 new exploration target locations identified across the project, and with many of these targets within close proximately to the all-weather road, provides Ardiden the potential to significantly develop and grow the Seymour Lake project.
The substantial expansion of the project footprint and further identification of new areas of interest are exciting developments for Ardiden. Many of the new target areas share a number of physical similarities to the known pegmatites discovered at Aubry and Pye, reinforcing the potential for Seymour Lake to host multiple pegmatite swarms.
Due the large volume of highly prospective locations across the Seymour Lake project, not all areas are likely to be fully explored during the 2018 field season. A more detailed analysis of the satellite imagary continues, looking at the size, location, colour and orientation of the various rock exposures.
One major advantage is that many of these new target areas are within a very short walking distance of the all-weather road that runs through the middle of the project area. As seen in Figures 1 and 2 (see link below), some of the target areas are at the roads edge, which creates an ease of assess for mapping and assessment and hopefuly for future drilling activities.
Taking into account what is known about the controlling structures at the Aubry pegmatite swarm and the influence of the local and regional geology, Ardiden will be efficiently assisted in identifying and classifying the most prospective locations across the project.
Some of the areas of the interest includes target locations 65, 66 and 70 (refer Figure 2 in link below), which shows a number of rock exposures spread over hundreds of metres, which exhibits many physical traits similar to the Aubry and Pye prospects.
A mapping and sampling program is scheduled to commence early next week, as the winter snow is clearing from the ground, which will allow for a detailed inspection of these and many other locations across the project.
Ardiden looks forward to providing further updates as they come to hand.
To view figures, please visit:
About Ardiden Ltd
Ardiden Limited (ASX:ADV) is an emerging international diversified exploration and development company possessing a mature multi-element asset portfolio, with a near term development pipeline, focused quality projects located in the established mining jurisdiction of Ontario, Canada.
Michael Weir / Cameron Gilenko
Tel: +61-402-347-032 / +61-466-984-953