Developing the World-Class Caula Vanadium Graphite ProjectNew Energy Minerals Ltd (
BUILDING STRONGER, SAFER BUILDINGS
- Graphite is a key material in the expandable graphite market, which is widely used in the next generation of fire-retardant material building materials.
- With China forecasted to require a total of 40Mtpa of fire-retardant building materials per year, and 5% of this product being made of Graphite, this equates to 2 million tonnes of high quality large-flake graphite per year being consumed by the Chinese construction industry alone.
- To add context, it is estimated total global production of flake graphite in 2016 was approximately 860,000 tons with only a proportion of this material used to generate expandable graphite.
- It is commonly understood that China's coarse flake graphite reserves have largely diminished, and supply is also under threat by environmental restrictions forcing mine closures.
- The Caula project has significant capacity to supply this market and exceptional flake size distribution with >63% of concentrates larger than 180 microns @ 97% to 98% TGCC. New Energy Minerals has initiated further testing on its 180+ concentrates to assist with offtake discussions.
To view the full presentation, please visit:
About New Energy Minerals Ltd
New Energy Minerals Ltd is an ASX listed company focused on the mining and exploration of Vanadium and Graphite – two commodities critical for the 'New Energy Market'.
The Company is currently fast tracking its world-class Caula Vanadium-Graphite project in Northern Mozambique, located along strike from the Syrah Resources Ltd (ASX:SYR) Balama Project, with first cash flows targeted for H2 of 2019 from trial mining operations. New Energy Minerals' Caula project hosts a JORC (Measured) vanadium-graphite resource of 22 Mt @ 0.37% V2O5 (0.2% cut-off) and 13.4% TGC (8% cut-off) for 81,600 tonnes of vanadium pentoxide (180 million pounds) and 2.93 Mt of contained graphite.
New Energy minerals has a highly experienced Board of Directors, management, finance, exploration and geological team, with a 15-year track record of investment and successful project development in Mozambique and the Africa region. The Company aims to become a major provider of vanadium and graphite, both key components used in battery production.
ContactNew Energy Minerals Limited
Jane Morgan Management
Media & Investor Relations
New Energy Minerals Ltd (ASX:NXE) Amendment to Fura Gems Merger of Ruby Assets Agreement with Pre-Completion Loan
New Energy Minerals Ltd (ASX:NXE) Quarterly Activities Report for the Period Ending 30 September 2018