IBM (NYSE:IBM), Capgemini (EPA:CAP) and SAP (NYSE:SAP) to Support World Smart Grid Conference Series-India Week 2011
Shanghai, June 9, 2011 AEST (ABN Newswire) - The world's leading technology giants in smart grid, IBM (NYSE:IBM), Capgemini (EPA:CAP) and SAP (NYSE:SAP) announce to support this year's largest and most important India smart grid event World Smart Grid Conference Series-India Week 2011.
IBM, one of the world's leading IT companies and smart grid solutions leaders is planning to offer its services to Indian utilities over the next few years. IBM's General Manager of Global Energy and Utilities said that his company sees tremendous potential for growth in the Indian market as it expands to provide electricity to more consumers.
Manu Rishi Puri, Sr Managing Consultant of IBM - Global Business Services will present on "Weather Forecasting for Renewables". As tone of the association sponsor of the event, IBM shows sufficient confidence in this upcoming important event. "We are looking forward to sharing IBM's global smart grid implementation experiences with India industrial leaders". Said IBM's senior representatives.
Capgemini, who won the first smart meter order in India; will attend the World Smart Grid Conference Series-India Week 2011 as Bronze Sponsor.
Capgemini is amongst the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services that caters to a wide spectrum of industries like energy, manufacturing, retail and distribution, telecom, media and entertainment, financial services, etc. Somnath Chatterjee, Head of Energy, Utilities & Chemicals, Capgemini India, provides keen insights into evolving concepts like Smart Meters and Smart Grid. He explains that India is indeed making a "smart" move in its endeavour of ensuring efficient energy consumption and curbing energy losses.
SAP, the world's leading provider of business software, is confirmed to sponsor the industry award dinner of World Smart Grid Conference Series-India Week 2011.
World Smart Grid Conference Series-India Week 2011, to be held on September 13th to 16th in Mumbai, is a unique event for you to attain deep understandings on India's smart grid initiatives, roadmap, regulatory environment, ongoing pilots of local utilities, network local and international smart grid industry executives and share insights on the future market developments.
The conference is vendor-neutral, product-neutral, and platform-neutral with highly intense interaction between delegates, and allows for real discussion and debate, not simply a series of "product presentations".
Eminent Speakers Confirmed:
- Sam Pitroda, Chair, India Smart Grid Task Force
- Pramod Deo, Chairman, Central Electricity Regulatory Commission
- M.T. Krishna Babu, IAS, Chairman and Managing Director, APCPDCL
- Narendra Singh Sodha, Executive Director, Power Grid Corporation of India
- V. K. Shah, Executive Director (APDRP), Power Finance Corporation
- Ramesh Narayanan, CEO, BSES Yamuna Power Limited
- Sunil Wadhwa, Managing Director, NDPL
- Ajoy Rajani, Vice President, Reliance Infrastructure
- Abhijit Roy, Head - New Technology Initiatives, Reliance Infrastructure
- Amit Prasad, Director of Smart Grid, New Delhi Municipal Counci
- Jayant Deo, CEO and managing Director, India Energy Exchange
- Claudio Lima, Vice Chair, IEEE P2030 Smart Grid Architecture
- Pradeep Monga, Chief, Renewable and Rural Energy Branch, United Nations Industrial Development Organization
- Senior Technology Chairman, International Council on Large Electric Systems (Cigre)
- Ashish Khanna, Senior Energy Specialist, South Asia Sustainable Development, World Bank
- Monali Zeya Hazra, Program Management Specialist, USAID
- Norbert Karl, Global Sales & Business Development Smart Grid, Siemens (NYSE:SI)
- Senior Executive, Schneider Electric (EPA:SU)
- Senior Executive, National Instruments (NASDAQ:NATI)
About SZ&W Group
SZ&W Group is one of the leading B2B companies in China, specialized in organizing top-level professional conferences, events or forums around the world, serving clients from various industries, especially in energy, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, and water etc.
Schneider Electric SA
National Instruments Corp