Altech - All CP's Satisfied for European Equity Strategy
To complete its acquisition of 29% of the shares of AAM, Altech will make a cash payment of EUR500,000 and issue EUR1,000,000 of Altech fully paid ordinary shares to the vendor (Deutsche Balaton AG); a balance of EUR1,229,000 cash consideration is due on 1 March 2020. To complete Altech's sale of the right to AAM, for AAM to acquire up to a 49% interest in the Company's HPA project, AAM will make a non-refundable cash payment of EUR500,000 to Altech.
The satisfaction of all conditions precedent has resulted in:
1. The appointment of Altech's managing director Mr Iggy Tan and alternate non-executive director Mr Uwe Ahrens to the management board of AAM;
2. The appointment to the supervisory board of AAM, Altech's nominee Mr Dieter Rosenthal, with 2 additional Altech nominees to be appointed to the 5 member board in due course;
3. shareholders approving the change of company name to Altech Advanced Materials AG;
4. shareholders approving a capital increase of up to EUR63,102,080; and
5. Altech's satisfaction with all of its due diligence inquiries of AAM.
Altech managing director Iggy Tan said "it is pleasing to have documented both transactions of our German equity strategy in a very short time-frame, and to have satisfied all of the conditions precedent items within four weeks of signing the agreements.
The next step following transaction completion is for AAM to appointment a German bank and brokers to manage a Europe marketing campaign for its pre-approved capital raise. We understand that there has already been interest in the proposed raise from potential European investors, attracted by the guaranteed year-6 buy-back and agreed return.
To view tables and figures, please visit:
About Altech Chemicals Ltd
HPA is a high-value, high margin and highly demanded product as it is the critical ingredient required for the production of synthetic sapphire. Synthetic sapphire is used in the manufacture of substrates for LED lights, semiconductor wafers used in the electronics industry, and scratch-resistant sapphire glass used for wristwatch faces, optical windows and smartphone components. There is no substitute for HPA in the manufacture of synthetic sapphire.
Global HPA demand is approximately 25,315tpa (2016) and demand is growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.7% (2016-2024), primarily driven by the growth in worldwide adoption of LEDs. As an energy efficient, longer lasting and lower operating cost form of lighting, LED lighting is replacing the traditional incandescent bulbs.
Altech Chemicals Ltd