Yangibana Project Gains Lead Agency Project Status
The Project has been assigned a dedicated and experienced project approvals coordinator within the DMP to provide:
- Project specific approvals advice;
- Coordination of approvals across other WA Government agencies during the pre-submission and submission stages of the Company's project proposal; and
- Project approval scoping sessions with relevant agencies to help identify potential "show stoppers" or "bottlenecks" in the decision-making process.
Hastings' Yangibana Rare Earths Project status as a LAP will be published on the DMP website thereby providing the Project with an increased level of co-ordinated support from the various WA Government agencies and will help to expedite the MPA.
Charles Lew, Executive Chairman of Hastings commented that "the Lead Agency Project status strengthens the Company's commitment to building a mine and rare earths processing plant in the Gascoyne region which will provide hundreds of jobs in the area. We would like to thank the DMP and all those involved in assisting us to gain this LAP status. We are working hard on finishing our DFS soon and to meet our objective of getting into production by late 2019."
About Hastings Technology Metals Ltd
- The Yangibana Project hosts Probable Reserves totaling 5.15 million tonnes at 1.12% TREO including 0.45% Nd2O3+Pr6O11 within JORC Resources totalling 21.0 million tonnes at 1.17% TREO (comprising Measured Resources of 3.9 million tonnes at 1.19% TREO, Indicated Resources of 8.6 million tonnes at 1.25% TREO and Inferred Resources of 8.4 million tonnes at 1.09% TREO), including 0.40% Nd2O3+Pr6O11.
- The Brockman deposit contains JORC Indicated and Inferred Resources totalling 41.4 million tonnes (comprising 32.3mt Indicated Resources and 9.1mt Inferred Resources) at 0.21% TREO, including 0.18% HREO, plus 0.36% Nb2O5 and 0.90% ZrO2.
- Rare earths are critical to a wide variety of current and new technologies, including smart phones, electric vehicles, wind turbines and energy efficient light bulbs.
- The Company aims to capitalise on the strong demand for rare earths permanent magnets created by expanding new technologies.
Hastings Technology Metals Ltd