- Successful infill drilling at Auer and Auer North deposits
- Updated JORC Resources of 21.0 million tonnes at 1.17% TREO including 0.40%Nd2O3+Pr6O11
- New JORC Resources include first Indicated Resources at Auer of over 260,000 tonnes
- New JORC Resources include expanded Indicated Resources at Auer North of over 300,000 tonnes
- Final assay results from diamond drilling at various deposits in line with expectations
- Diamond drillhole at Simon's Find returns high grade 5.45m at 5.30% Niobium Nb2O5
FINAL 2017 JORC RESOURCE ESTIMATE
Following the completion of the 2017 exploration drilling programme at the Yangibana Project, an updated JORC Resource estimate has been assessed by independent consultants Widenbar and Associates Pty Limited that provides a marginal increase to the resources reported in the ASX release dated 12th October 2017. The updated resource estimate incorporates results from recent drilling at the Auer and Auer North deposits as detailed below.
Total Resources now stand at 21.0mt as shown in Table 1 (see link below). Note that resource tonnes in the following tables are rounded to the nearest 100,000 tonnes.
These resources include those within tenements held 100% by Hastings (see Table 2 in link below) and those held in joint venture with Hastings holding 70% interest (see Table 3 in link below).
AUER AND AUER NORTH RESOURCES
Recent reverse circulation (RC) infill and depth-extension drilling at the Auer and Auer North deposits was concentrated on Zones 2 and 3 at Auer (see Figure 1 in link below) and at Zone 1 at Auer North (see Figure 2 in link below).
Best intersections returned from this programme are shown in Table 4 (see link below). Due to the steep nature of the mineralisation at Auer and Auer North, true thicknesses are approximately 50% of intersected thicknesses.
Drillhole parameters are provided in Appendix 1 (see link below) and detailed assays for the selected intervals are provided in Appendix 2 (see link below).
Incorporating these results, independent consultant Widenbar and Associates Pty Limited has estimated JORC Resources at Auer and Auer North as shown in Tables 5 and 6 (see link below) respectively, rounded to the nearest 100 tonnes.
Figure 3 (see link below) provides a longitudinal section covering both Auer and Auer North deposits showing the m%Nd2O3+Pr6O11 accumulations.
The grade and mineralisation-style are compatible with the proposed processing route and these new Indicated Resources will extend the life of the Yangibana operation. Additional drilling is required to further expand and upgrade resources at both deposits.
DIAMOND DRILLING RESULTS
Final results have been received from the Company's 2017 diamond drilling programme with best intersections as shown in Table 7 (see link below).
As reported in the ASX announcement of 9th October 2017, highly anomalous niobium assay results have been received from drilling at the Simon's Find prospect. Recent diamond drill results include the exceptional interval in SFDD002 from 27.55-33.0m of 5.45m at 5.30%Nb2O5.
To view tables and figures, please visit:
About Hastings Technology Metals Ltd
- The Yangibana Project hosts JORC Resources totalling 20.56 million tonnes at 1.18% TREO (comprising Measured Resources of 3.79 million tonnes at 1.18% TREO, Indicated Resources of 8.24 million tonnes at 1.27% TREO and Inferred Resources of 8.53 million tonnes at 1.11% TREO), including 0.40% Nd2O3+Pr6O11.
- The Brockman deposit contains JORC Indicated and Inferred Resources totalling 41.4 million tonnes (comprising 32.3mt Indicated Resources and 9.1mt Inferred Resources) at 0.21% TREO, including 0.18% HREO, plus 0.36% Nb2O5 and 0.90% ZrO2.
- Rare earths are critical to a wide variety of current and new technologies, including smart phones, electric vehicles, wind turbines and energy efficient light bulbs.
- The Company aims to capitalise on the strong demand for rare earths permanent magnets created by expanding new technologies.
Hastings Technology Metals Ltd