Award of Two Equipment Supply Packages
- Design and Supply of Rotary Kiln Off Gas Scrubbing Plant awarded to Total Air Pollution Control Pty Ltd (TAPC)
- TAPC has significant experience building plants of a similar nature including work on other rare earth processing plants
- Gas Scrubbing Plant award allows significant additional engineering progress to be made to the Rotary Kiln package previously awarded to FLSmidth
- Design and Supply of SAG Mill awarded to Outotec Pty Ltd
- Outotec is a globally recognised supplier of engineering, equipment and service solutions
- Award of the SAG Mill ensures Hastings has another of the long lead packages procured for the Project
The equipment supply contracts are as follows:
Design and Supply of Rotary Kiln Off Gas Scrubbing Plant awarded to Total Air Pollution Control Pty Ltd (TAPC)
Key features of the Agreement:
- Fixed price contract with staged commitments: stage 1 Design and stage 2 Manufacturing
- Mechanical and process guarantees for Off-Gas Scrubbing Plant performance from TAPC
- Delivery to site due Q3 2020 (subject to confirmation of commencement of phase 2)
The Off-Gas Scrubbing Plant is a critical and significant component of the processing plant and manages the treatment of the waste gas generated by the Acid Baked Rotary Kiln (previously awarded to FLSmidth) to ensure environmental emission compliance.
Award of the Off-Gas Scrubbing Plant facilitates both the progress of associated civil and structural design work as well as allowing commencement of the approvals associated with the Kiln/Scrubber system.
Following the tender process, TAPC was selected as the preferred tenderer and has worked with Hastings to refine the unique Off-Gas Scrubber Plant design requirements. TAPC brings significant experience in developing similar facilities and has access to the experience in the design, supply and commissioning of similar facilities for rare earth producers.
Design and Supply of SAG Mill awarded to Outotec Pty Ltd
Key features of the Agreement:
- Contract with staged commitments: stage 1 Design and stage 2 Manufacturing
- Mechanical and process guarantees for SAG Mill performance from Outotec
- Delivery to site due Q1 2020 (subject to confirmation of commencement of phase 2)
The SAG Mill is one of several long lead packages for the Project. Award of the package provides certainty to the schedule and allows further progress of the associated civil, mechanical and electrical design works.
Outotec is an internationally recognised company with a well-established presence in Perth and Western Australia.
"Awarding these equipment packages represents another significant milestone in the development of the Yangibana Project. Partnering with TAPC and Outotec fits with our commitment to select only Tier 1 equipment suppliers capable of delivering the required performance guarantees and ongoing local support, said its Executive Chairman, Charles Lew
TERMINOLOGY USED IN THIS REPORT
Total Rare Earths Oxides, TREO, is the sum of the oxides of the light rare earth elements lanthanum (La), cerium (Ce), praseodymium (Pr), neodymium (Nd), and samarium (Sm) and the heavy rare earth elements europium (Eu), gadolinium (Gd), terbium (Tb), dysprosium (Dy), holmium (Ho), erbium (Er), thulium (Tm), ytterbium (Yb), lutetium (Lu), and yttrium (Y).
To view the release, please visit:
About Hastings Technology Metals Ltd
Hastings Technology Metals Ltd (ASX:HAS) (FRA:5AM) is advancing its Yangibana Rare Earths Project in the Upper Gascoyne Region of Western Australia towards production. The proposed beneficiation and hydro metallurgy processing plant will treat rare earths deposits, predominantly monazite, hosting high neodymium and praseodymium contents to produce a mixed rare earths carbonate that will be further refined into individual rare earth oxides at processing plants overseas.
Neodymium and praseodymium are vital components in the manufacture of permanent magnets which is used in a wide and expanding range of advanced and high-tech products including electric vehicles, wind turbines, robotics, medical applications and others. Hastings aims to become the next significant producer of neodymium and praseodymium outside of China.
Hastings holds 100% interest in the most significant deposits within the overall project, and 70% interest in additional deposits that will be developed at a later date, all held under Mining Leases. Numerous prospects have been identified warranting detailed exploration to further extend the life of the project.
The Brockman deposit, near Halls Creek in Western Australia, contains JORC Indicated and Inferred Mineral Resources, estimated using the guidelines of JORC Code (2012 Edition).
The Company is also progressing a Mining Lease application over the Brockman Rare Earths and Rare Metals Project.
Hastings aims to capitalise on the strong demand for critical rare earths created by the expanding demand for new technology products.
Hastings Technology Metals Ltd