Key Performance Highlights
- The Company reports improved retail customer revenues for the December 2016 quarter.
- Revenues from corporate customers declined as orders were rescheduled.
- The Company continued to streamline its research and development activities focusing on enhancement of Flexiroam-X.
- Direct costs increased, primarily because promotional codes were converted to data usage.
- Advertising and marketing costs declined as the Company continues to optimise its digital marketing strategy.
- Administration and corporate costs were slightly lower for the quarter, mainly due to reduced professional fees and one-off annual charges.
- In November 2016 Flexiroam entered into a partnership agreement with Singapore Airlines Staff Union ("SIASU") to collaborate on marketing and coordinate sales of Flexiroam products and services to SIASU members for a period of two years.
- In November 2016 Flexiroam signed a sponsorship agreement with Tripzilla of Singapore . Tripzilla travel portal collates the latest tour packages from hundreds of travel agencies in Singapore and aggregates them on their website for price comparison and booking. Flexiroam and Tripzilla together with Hotel Boss Singapore are partnering for a giveaway contest, where participants stand a chance to win a free stay in Hotel Boss Singapore and enjoy free data from FLEXIROAM X when they travel.
- In November 2016 Flexiroam entered into a partnership agreement with Shopee Mobile Malaysia. Shopee is a major mobile marketplace in Southeast Asia and Taiwan, where everyone can browse, shop and sell. Flexiroam will be participating in Shopee's first anniversary celebration as a sponsor. As an official partner, Flexiroam's brand and logo will be featured on Shopee's marketing channels, including mobile app and social media platforms.
- In December 2016 Flexiroam appointed a subsidiary of Brightstar Corp as a consignee with exclusive rights to display and sell FLEXIROAM X. Brightstar distributes and manages inventories for mobile device manufacturers, wireless operators and retailers. Globally Brightstar serves over 200 mobile network operators, 50,000 retailers and 15,000 enterprise customers.
- In January 2017 Flexiroam entered into a partnership agreement with Chan Brothers, one of Singapore's largest travel agents and tour operators with over 50 years' experience in the travel industry. In this agreement Chan Brother will purchase FLEXIROAM X and advertise Flexiroam's products and services on their marketing channels, including Facebook posts, newspapers and website banners.
- In November 2016 Flexiroam launched its "Data for Voice" functionality to its FLEXIROAM X users which enables the users to make international calls to mobile and fixed lines in over 100 countries from users' data pool.
To view the full report, please visit:
About Flexiroam Ltd
FLEXIROAM Limited (ASX:FRX) is a leading telecommunications company offering universal voice and data services for mobile users globally. Its flagship data roaming product, FLEXIROAM X has coverage in over 100 countries with 4G speed in over 56 countries. FLEXIROAM is an asset light telecommunications company that does not own physical infrastructure yet is able to connect to around 580 network operators globally. FLEXIROAM aspires to be a household name in borderless mobile broadband service in Asia and beyond. Please visit http://www.flexiroam.com