Premier Lithium Brine Projects & Pegmatites at Argentina's Best Locations
Lithium - Scale, Optionality, Prime Location among the Majors
- Large Lithium Lease Area: ~170,000 Ha 100% - Controlled 100% in Argentina (if option exercised)
- Extensive Lithium Brine Areas: ~100,000 Ha - Three areas adjacent to projects in development
- Same Basin as Orocobre & Lithium Americas: ~19,000 Ha - Next to production and funded developer
- Option on Large New lithium Pegmatites: ~70,000 Ha - 150km belt of pegmatite swarms - Catamarca
- Early Mover in Argentina: Areas secured before major land-grab by majors
- Drilling soon on New Brine Project: Positive lithium results; Drilling in coming weeks
Lithium Triangle: LKE is Among the Majors
- 49% Global Lithium Production: Chile/Argentina lithium brine lakes
- Major Companies - Major Developments
o Albemarle, SQM, FMC, Gangfeng, Orocobre
o Majors arrived in 2016 after change in Argentine govt
- Lake Projects - Located among the Majors
- One of Largest Lithium Lease Holdings in Argentina
o ~100,000 Ha Lithium brine leases/applications
o ~70,000 Ha Lithium pegmatites
- Modest Market Capitalisation
- Large Corporate Transactions: on adjoining projects
Three Key Brine Projects & Large Pegmatite Project
Olaroz/Cauchari - July Province ~19,000 Ha
- Brines bordering Orocobre (in Production) & SQM/Lithium Americas (funded for development)
- Adjacent to production wells
Paso - Jujuy Province ~29,000 Ha
- Brines, West of Olaroz, similar geological setting
Kachi - Catamarca Province ~52,000 Ha
- Excellent geological setting,
- Encouraging results up to 322 ppm Li at surface
Focus for drilling by Lake Resources in coming weeks
Ancasti Pegmatites - Catamarca Province ~70,000 Ha
- Option over large 100km belt of pegmatite swarms
- Drilling results over 2% LiO2 in adjoining leases
To view the full presentation, please visit:
About Lake Resources NL
Lake Resources NL (ASX:LKE) is a lithium exploration and development company focused on developing its 3 lithium brine projects and 1 hard rock project in Argentina, all owned 100%. The leases are in a prime location among the lithium sector's largest players within the Lithium Triangle where half of the world's lithium is produced. Lake holds one of the largest lithium tenement packages in Argentina (~180,000Ha) secured in 2016 prior to a significant 'rush' by major companies. The large holdings provides the potential to provide security of supply demanded by battery and electric vehicle manufacturers located.
The three key brine projects, Olaroz/Cauchari, Paso and Kachi, are located adjacent to major world class brine projects either in production or being developed in the highly prospective Jujuy and Catamarca Provinces. The Olaroz-Cauchari project is located in the same basin as Orocobre's Olaroz lithium production and adjoins SQM/Lithium Americas Cauchari project, where high grade lithium (600 mg/L) with high flow rates have been drilled immediately across the lease boundary. The Kachi project covers 50,000 Ha over a salt lake south of FMC's lithium operation and near Albemarle's Antofalla project.
Drilling at Kachi has confirmed a large lithium brine bearing basin over 25km long and over 400m deep. Drilling over Kachi is aimed to produce a resource statement later in 2018. Drilling will commence in coming months at Olaroz-Cauchari now that tenure has been confirmed in a landmark agreement in March 2018. This will provide several catalysts for the company's growth. Scope exists to unlock considerable value through partnerships and corporate deals in the near-term.
Significant corporate transactions continue in adjacent leases with development of SQM/Lithium Americas Olaroz/Cauchari project with an equity/debt investment over $300 million and Advantage Lithium's equity transaction in some of Orocobre's leases. LSC Lithium has also raised over $60 million on a large lease package in similar areas as Lake's properties. Nearby projects of Lithium X were recently acquired via a takeover offer of C$265 million completed March 2018.
The demand for lithium continues to be strong for lithium ion batteries in electric vehicles, according to recent data from the leading independent battery minerals consultant - Benchmark Mineral Intelligence. Supply continues to be constrained suggesting good opportunities for upstream lithium companies for many years.
Lake Resources NL