- First assay results received from 2017 drilling at Bald Hill
- All holes tested western, deeper extension to the known deposit
- Best intersections are:-
22m at 1.67%TREO including 0.61% Nd2O3+Pr6O11
9m at 1.05%TREO including 0.33% Nd2O3+Pr6O11
8m at 1.84%TREO including 0.61% Nd2O3+Pr6O11, and
6m at 1.90%TREO including 0.74% Nd2O3+Pr6O11
The current JORC Resources at Bald Hill and Bald Hill Southeast are shown in Table 1 (see the link below).
Table 2 (see the link below) provides a summary of the best intersections in results received to date.
Collar locations of drilling completed to date at Bald Hill are shown in Figure 1 (see the link below). Drillhole parameters are provided in Appendix 1 (see the link below), and assay details are provided in Appendix 2 (see the link below).
Results from holes BHRC272-275 inclusive are expected to be sufficient to support a further extension to the west of the central portion of the proposed pit.
Holes BHRC281-283 and 285 (as circled in Figure 1 in the link below) were drilled around the intersection achieved last year in BHRC258 that returned 6m (82-88m) at 1.47%TREO including 0.51% Nd2O3+Pr6O11 within a broader intersection of 13m (82-95m) at 0.90%TREO including 0.31% Nd2O3+Pr6O11. Results from these four holes are highly encouraging with significant widths and grades of the target neodymium and praseodymium oxides. It is likely that the next pit optimisation, to be completed in the near future as part of the Company's ongoing Definitive Feasibility Study, will extend the pit over this area.
TERMINOLOGY USED IN THIS REPORT
TREO is the sum of the oxides of the light rare earth elements lanthanum (La), cerium (Ce), praseodymium (Pr), neodymium (Nd), and samarium (Sm) and the heavy rare earth elements europium (Eu), gadolinium (Gd), terbium (Tb), dysprosium (Dy), holmium (Ho), erbium (Er), thulium (Tm), ytterbium (Yb), lutetium (Lu), and yttrium (Y).
To view tables and figures, please visit:
About Hastings Technology Metals Ltd
- The Yangibana Project hosts JORC Resources totalling 20.56 million tonnes at 1.18% TREO (comprising Measured Resources of 3.79 million tonnes at 1.18% TREO, Indicated Resources of 8.24 million tonnes at 1.27% TREO and Inferred Resources of 8.53 million tonnes at 1.11% TREO), including 0.40% Nd2O3+Pr6O11.
- The Brockman deposit contains JORC Indicated and Inferred Resources totalling 41.4 million tonnes (comprising 32.3mt Indicated Resources and 9.1mt Inferred Resources) at 0.21% TREO, including 0.18% HREO, plus 0.36% Nb2O5 and 0.90% ZrO2.
- Rare earths are critical to a wide variety of current and new technologies, including smart phones, electric vehicles, wind turbines and energy efficient light bulbs.
- The Company aims to capitalise on the strong demand for rare earths permanent magnets created by expanding new technologies.
Hastings Technology Metals Ltd