Full Year Statutory Accounts
Investigator discovered the Paris silver deposit in 2011 as a new epithermal breccia style for South Australia. This provided flow-on opportunities that resulted in the 2016 discovery of the associated porphyry system with copper-gold potential at Nankivel near Paris, all considered to be Olympic Dam age. Breakthrough magneto-telluric research and surveys have produced state-of-the-art geophysical maps of South Australia's subsurface geology that show deep geophysical connections between deposits and mineral belts, information expected to significantly improve exploration prospects in the Gawler Craton. As a result Investigator applied ahead of the competi-tion for the Maslins gravity target within the newly interpreted southern extension of the Olympic Dam corridor of iron oxide copper gold (IOCG) deposits.
Development of the Paris project including satellite silver targets is the Company's highest priority as it is arguably the best undeveloped silver deposit in Australia. Both Nankivel and Maslins rep-resent a new generation of copper-gold targets for South Australia that have potential to be trans-formational for Investigator.
Highlights in FY2017
Paris silver project
- Infill drilling confirmed shallow high-grade silver and gained confidence in the silver grade distribution within deposit.
- Upgraded mineral resource estimate for Paris silver project to 9.3Mt @ 139g/t silver for 42Moz of contained silver.
- Prefeasibility Study commenced with hydrological drilling and metallurgical mapping pre-paratory to metallurgical testwork.
Nankivel copper-gold prospect
- Geophysical survey and drilling confirmed potential for a large porphyry copper-gold system.
Maslins copper-gold target
- Target refined from historic data and access negotiations underway.
Thurlga Joint Venture
- Identification of new silver targets and a graphitic unit in the Thurlga Syncline near Paris
- Application of new technologies secured new tenements for exploration in 2018.
To view the full report, please visit:
About Investigator Resources Ltd
The Company's priority is progressing the development pathway for the Paris silver project with the preparation of a pre-feasibility study. The Paris Mineral Resource Estimate is 9.3Mt @ 139g/t silver and 0.6% lead, comprising 42Moz of contained silver and 55kt of contained lead, at a 50g/t silver cut-off. The resource has been categorised with an Indicated Resource estimate of 4.3Mt @ 163g/t silver and 0.6% lead for 23Moz contained silver and 26kt contained lead, and an Inferred Resource: 5.0Mt @ 119g/t silver and 0.6% lead for 19Moz contained silver and 29kt contained lead.
The Company has applied an innovative strategy that has developed multiple ideas and targets giving Investigator first-mover status. These include: the Paris silver discovery; recognition of other epithermal fields and the associated potential for porphyry copper-gold of Olympic Dam age; extending the ideas developed at Paris-Nankivel and using breakthrough government Magneto-Telluric surveying to rejuvenate targeting with the Maslins IOCG target as the next priority drill target.
Investigator Resources Ltd