Oventus - investment highlights
1. Oventus is driving the most significant change the sleep apnoea market has seen for years
2. Two key product ranges, both of which are set to disrupt a large and growing market:
OzVent Airway Technology oral appliance - currently generating revenue
CPAP machine* connector to 02Vent- in late stage development (replaces face mask)
3. Agreement executed in June 2017 with world's largest dental prosthetics supplier, Modern Dental Group. Oventus and Modern now preparing for Modern to distribute Oventus' range globally through their established channels
4. Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA) is a massive market. US$3.8b globally, growing at a CAGR of 15-20% with only 20% of OSA sufferers in care
5. Strong institutional investor interest and solid balance sheet with $8.6m in cash (as at 30/6/17)
* CPAP machine: continuous positive airway pressure machine.
To view the presentation, please visit:
About Oventus Medical Ltd
Oventus Medical Ltd (ASX:OVN) is a Brisbane based medical device company that is commercialising a suite of oral appliances for the treatment of sleep apnoea and snoring. Unlike other oral appliances, the Oventus devices have a unique and patented airway within the device that delivers air to the back of the mouth bypassing multiple obstructions from the nose, soft palate and tongue. They are particularly designed for the many people that have nasal obstructions and consequently tend to mainly breathe through their mouth. While it may seem counterintuitive, the device actually prevents oral breathing. The O2Vent is designed to allow nasal breathing when the nose is unobstructed, but when obstruction is present, breathing is supplemented via the airways in the appliance.
A clinical study completed earlier this year showed the company's first generation product the O2Vent Mono(TM) is successful in treating OSA and that snoring was either eliminated or significantly reduced to 100 per cent of patients. The positive results included those people who had nasal obstructions and mainly breathed through their mouths, including when they were asleep. It also improves oxygen levels for patients.
According to a report published by the Sleep Health Foundation Australia, an estimated 1.5 million Australians suffer with sleep disorders and more than half of these suffer with obstructive sleep apnoea.
Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) is the most definitive medical therapy for obstructive sleep apnoea, OSA, however many patients have difficulty tolerating CPAP. Oral appliances have emerged as an alternative to CPAP for obstructive sleep apnoea treatment.
Oventus Medical Ltd