Quarterly Activities Report
- Pre-Commercial Demonstration facility progressing
- Additional Drilling program completed
- Environmental approval documents submitted to Regulator
- Process for assessment of approval documents underway
- LCK Board strengthened
LCK is an emerging energy company focussed on developing its LCEP in northern South Australia. LCK has a certified PRMS 2C Syngas Resource of 2963.9 PJ of syngas (refer ASX announcement January 8, 2016).
Pre-Commercial Demonstration Stage update
The construction and operation of the PCD facility is a major de-risking event for LCK and a significant step forward in its plans to commercialise the LCEP.
The Pre-Commercial Demonstration facility (PCD) is progressing rapidly. Upon completion, this fully operational scale plant will serve a number of purposes:
- Physically demonstrate the production of syngas from LCK's gasification technology at Leigh Creek;
- Provide the South Australian Government with environmental data required for commercial scale approvals; and
- Deliver the economic parameters for final design and planning of the commercial plant.
To view the full report, please visit:
About Leigh Creek Energy Ltd
Leigh Creek Energy Limited (ASX:LCK) (OTCMKTS:MRTDF) is an emerging gas company focused on developing its Leigh Creek Energy Project (LCEP), located in South Australia. The LCEP will produce high value products such as electricity, methane and ammonium nitrate products (fertiliser and industrial explosives) from the remnant coal resources at Leigh Creek, utilising In Situ Gasification (ISG) technologies, and will provide long term stability and economic development opportunities to the communities of the Upper Spencer Gulf, northern Flinders Ranges and South Australia.
The Company is committed to developing the LCEP using a best practice approach to mitigate the technical, environmental and financial project risks.
Leigh Creek Energy acknowledges and respects the Adnyamathanha people, the Traditional Owners of the land on which its operations occur and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Leigh Creek Energy Ltd