Developing Chile's next lithium mine - Fully funded to final investment decision
Investor Presentation February 2018
Lithium Power: a compelling investment opportunity
- Located within the "Lithium Triangle" in northern Chile, home to the largest and highest quality lithium brine deposits.
- LPI's Maricunga project is the highest quality pre-production lithium brine project in South America in terms of lithium grade, size and aquifer characteristics.
- Most advanced project in Chile outside of the mine expansions by SQM and Albemarle.
- The properties are 100% owned by the JV and not subject to leasehold related negotiations impacting other Chilean operators.
- 2017 JORC and Ni43-101 Resource Estimate
o 2.15 Mt LCE & 5.7 Mt KCl
o One of the worlds highest grade lithium brine resources at 1,160 mg/l lithiumand; 8,500 mg/l potassium
o 80% Measured & Indicated: 1.7 Mt LCE and 4.5 Mt KCl
o 20% Inferred: 0.45 Mt LCE and 1.2 Mt KCl
o Exploration target upper case scenario 2.5 Mt LCE
- Preliminary Economic Assessment ("PEA") by WorleyParsons completed in Dec 2017 indicates Maricunga to be a low-cost lithium producer with short payback and a long mine life.
- Definitive feasibility study targeted by end of 3Q18.
- Test work has produced the first battery grade Li2CO3 sample, meeting commercial high quality specifications
- Optimization of lithium extraction and potassium production to develop the lowest cost process with highest possible recoveries.
- Port and logistics assessment fully completed.
- All permitting and government approvals targeted 2Q19
To view the full presentation, please visit:
About Lithium Power International Ltd
Lithium Power International Limited (ASX:LPI) (FRA:24L) is a pure-play lithium explorer and developer, focusing on developing and fast-tracking to production the high-grade Maricunga lithium brine project in Chile.
LPI has a well known performing technical team with the experience to take the Maricunga project all the way through the development stages to production.
The regions that LPI is currently focussed on are:
1. Maricunga JV (Chile) – On 13th September 2016, Lithium Power announced the creation of a new JV to develop the world-class Maricunga lithium brine deposit in northern Chile.
2. Pilbara (Western Australia) – LPI has one granted exploration tenement and two pending exploration applications covering 203km2 in the Pilbara region of northern Western Australia. The largest granted exploration tenement is at Pilgangoora-Houston Creek is 2-3km west of the Pilbara Minerals (ASX:PLS) and Altura Mining (ASX:AJM) lithium deposits.
3. Greenbushes (Western Australia) – LPI has two granted exploration tenements covering 400km2 in the Greenbushes area of southern Western Australia. The tenements are adjacent to the world’s largest hard rock lithium mine owned & operated by Tianqi/Talison.
4. Centenario (Argentina) –Through its Argentinian subsidiary, Lithium Power holds a total of 6 granted tenements in the Centenario lithium brine salar within the Salta province of the Puna Plateau. In total, the 6 granted tenements cover an area of 61.52km2. In addition, there is 1 further tenement in the grant review stage.
With the exception of the Maricunga JV, all tenements are 100% owned by LPI or LPSA (including rights to the Centenario tenement which is the subject of review by the Argentinian mining authorities).
Lithium Power International Ltd