Presentation - Jujuy Leases - Prime Lithium
Scale, Location - Jujuy
Scale - Large Lease Area
- ~45,000Ha -one of the largest holdings in Jujuy Province -owned 100%
- Large battery makers want large scale lithium plays to secure future supply
Prime Location - Jujuy
- Adjoining lithium brine production and development in world's prime lithium location
- Same basin as Orocobre, SQM/ Lithium Americas, Advantage Lithium
- Signed with Jujuy Province
- Confirms tenure & process after being stalled for 2 years
Targeting Basin Margins
- Lithium Salt Lake Basins are fault bounded -good targets for lithium brines & high flow rates -often under alluvial cover -most advanced brine projects expanding on margins
- Areas applied for 2 years ago prior to recent boom in lithium brines;
- Targeted basin margins when not popular
Heartland of Lithium brines
- 3 Brine Projects
- Adjoining world class lithium brine production
- Target extensions under cover
- Brine Project
- Extends 30km North-South
- Next to Orocobre, SQM/Lithium Americas
- Brine Project
- Next to LSC Lithium
- Brine Project
- Extends 11km North-South
- Next to Orocobre/Advantage and SQM/Lithium Americas
To view the full presentation, please visit:
About Lake Resources NL
Lake Resources NL (ASX:LKE) is undertaking an aggressive exploration programme to explore and develop prime lithium projects in Argentina, owned 100%, among some of the largest players in the lithium sector. Lake holds one of the largest lithium tenement packages in Argentina (~170,000Ha) secured prior to a significant 'rush' by major companies with three key lithium brine projects located in the Lithium Triangle which produces half of the world's lithium. Lake also holds one large package of lithium pegmatite properties which were an unappreciated source of lithium in Argentina until recently.
The three key brine projects, Olaroz/Cauchari, Paso and Kachi, have similar settings to major world class brine projects being developed in the highly prospective Jujuy and Catamarca Provinces. One project is located next to Orocobre's Olaroz lithium production and SQM/Lithium Americas Cauchari project. The Kachi project covers 50,000 Ha over a salt lake south of FMC's lithium operation and near Albemarle's Antofalla project.
Drilling at Kachi has shown conductive brines in thick porous sands with results anticipated over the coming months. Surface sampling has revealed positive lithium results which will be expanded through the drilling program and geophysics. Exploration and permitting over Kachi and the other projects will provide several catalysts for the company's growth as these areas are assessed for major discoveries.
Significant corporate transactions continue in adjacent leases with development of SQM/Lithium Americas Olaroz/Cauchari project with an equity/debt investment over $300 million and Advantage Lithium's equity transaction in some of Orocobre's leases. LSC Lithium has also raised over $60 million on a large lease package in similar areas as Lake's properties. Nearby projects of Lithium X were subject to a takeover offer of C$265 million in December 2017.
Lake Resources NL