Atlas Iron Limited (ASX:AGO) Becomes Strategic Investor in Centaurus Metals Limited (ASX:CTM)
The key terms of the subscription agreement are as follows:
- Atlas to subscribe for 110 million Centaurus shares at a price of 8.8 cents per share out of Centaurus' existing 15% capacity (Tranche 1)
- Subject to Centaurus shareholder approval, Atlas will subscribe for a further 102 million Centaurus shares on the same terms and conditions as Tranche 1 (Tranche 2)
- Atlas to receive 16 million Centaurus options under Tranche 1 and a further 14 million Centaurus options under Tranche 2. The Centaurus options will be issued for nil consideration and are exercisable at 15 cents per share prior to 31 August 2014
- Atlas to provide support with technical, development and product marketing to assist in Centaurus' growth
- Subject to all necessary regulatory approvals and provided Atlas continues to hold a 5% interest in Centaurus, Atlas will also have a right to maintain its equity interest in the Company on the same terms as those being offered to third parties
- Atlas to nominate one member to the Centaurus Board
Atlas Managing Director David Flanagan said "We see the Centaurus business model of seeking low capital iron ore projects which are close to infrastructure as similar to that which has served Atlas so well in the Pilbara. Brazil is one of the world's leading producers of high grade iron ore and this opportunity gives Atlas exposure to back a good management team who are building an excellent Brazilian iron ore business.
Centaurus Managing Director Darren Gordon said "Having Atlas as a major shareholder positions Centaurus perfectly for its transition to an iron ore producer, from both our Export and Domestic projects in Brazil, and with its support we hope to replicate the sort of growth and success that Atlas has been able to achieve."
About Atlas Iron Limited
Atlas Iron Limited (ASX:AGO) is an independent Australian iron ore company, mining and exporting Direct Shipping Ore (DSO) from its operations in the Northern Pilbara region of Western Australia. Since listing on the ASX in late 2004, Atlas has grown rapidly and is now a member of the ASX100 index.
Centaurus Metals Limited
Atlas Iron Limited