Selwyn Range Tenements Granted
Brisbane, Mar 18, 2014 AEST (ABN Newswire) - Elementos Limited (ASX:ELT) ("Elementos" or the "Company") is pleased to announce that three Exploration Permits ("EPMs") have been granted at the Company's Selwyn Range project in far-north Queensland, Australia.
- Three Exploration Permits granted totalling 109 square kilometres
- Highly prospective minerals district with a number of major mines and deposits
- Currently in discussions with a group interested forming a joint venture to explore the Exploration Permits
The granted EPMs, 19371, 19375 and 19426, comprise a largely contiguous block totalling 109 square kilometres, located 110 kilometres south of Cloncurry.
The project is located in a district which has a number of major mines and deposits including:
- Osborne copper project 35 kilometres to the south;
- Selwyn copper project 10 kilometres to the north-west;
- Merlin molybdenum-rhenium project currently in development 10 kilometres to the north-west; and
- Cannington silver-lead-zinc mine 40 kilometres to the south-east.
The EPMs are located over an area of inflection in a prospective north-south structural trend, a feature often related to major deposits and mineralised systems in the district.
The target style and criteria are similar to those in the Company's Millenium properties, 120 kilometres to the north-west. A thorough review has been carried out of open-file data and satellite imagery to identify a number of initial prospective targets.
The Company is currently in discussions with a group interested in forming a joint venture to explore the EPMs. This strategy is consistent with the Company's objective of focusing on the Cleveland tin development project and forming joint ventures over its other properties.
To view figures and charts, please visit:
About Elementos Limited
Elementos Limited (ASX:ELT) is an Australian diversified metals company, including Cleveland, an advanced stage tin-copper and tungsten project in Tasmania, together with a number of prospective copper and gold assets in South America and Australia.