Acquires Advanced Zinc-Lead-Gold-Silver VMS Project
- The Havilah Project in central NSW is prospective for VMS base and precious metals (zinc-lead-copper-gold-silver)
- Best historical intercepts include 4m at 4 g/t Au and 81 g/t Ag from 2m depth; 30m at 0.2 g/t Au from surface and 4m at 1.1% Pb, 0.7% Zn from 26m depth.
- The main target is a surface soil anomaly 1km x 400m, with only 1 drill hole in that area
- Project acquired from Newmont for a 1% royalty
Newmont will transfer the title to Thomson in exchange for a 1% net smelter royalty on all metals mined from the project area. The Havilah Project lies on the eastern edge of the Silurian Hill End Trough, part of the Lachlan Fold Belt (Figure 1). This setting is similar to several other volcanogenic massive sulphide deposits (VMS) near the edges of the Trough such as Lewis Ponds and Sunny Corner.
At Havilah strong sericite-pyrite-silica alteration zone is coincident with Zn, Pb, Au and Ag anomalism in soil and rock chip sampling. The soil anomaly covers a large area of over 1km by 400m, with just one drill hole completed within that area to date. The alteration is hosted in rhyolitic to dacitic volcaniclastics, a typical setting for VMS deposits.
The pyritic alteration shows up strongly in initial IP surveying, which has not been completed over the whole soil anomaly.
Historical drilling largely targeted more distal parts of the alteration system, returning the following intercepts (for full details see Tables 1 and 2 in link below):
- 4m at 4.0 g/t Au, 81 g/t Ag from 2m depth in CPDH10;
- 30m at 0.2 g/t Au from surface in HAV18
- 4m at 1.1% Pb, 0.7% Zn from 26m depth in CPDH4
- 4m at 0.9% Zn, 0.6% Pb from 122m depth in CPDH6 - this is the only hole drilled within the soil anomaly area.
The McPhillamys 2.5 million ounce gold deposit is also considered to have VMS affinities and lies on the western edge of the Hill End Trough in similar age and type rocks to the Havilah Project. The presence of significant gold at Havilah suggests that a McPhillamys-type target is also a possibility.
To view location maps and data, please visit:
About Thomson Resources Ltd
Thomson Resources Ltd (ASX:TMZ) is an NSW active mineral explorer. Thomson has several tin projects (including an advanced project near Ardlethan), as well as gold, copper and zinc targets in a range of settings. Thomson has a good record of discovery, with multiple new Intrusion-Related Gold (gold with copper, lead, zinc, molybdenum, tungsten) systems discovered in the Thomson Fold Belt in the NW of the state.
Thomson Resources Ltd