Announce Global Partnership
New York, Oct 27, 2016 AEST (ABN Newswire) - Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) and SpeedCast International Ltd (ASX:SDA) have entered into a strategic agreement which leverages both organizations' global capabilities to create a strong partnership in the global maritime sector, enabling both companies to expand their offerings to the market.
- Ericsson selects SpeedCast International Ltd as its satellite connectivity solution partner
- Agreement to provide seamless communication globally between ship and shore, supporting end-to-end solutions for the maritime sector
- New communications services are immediately ready for use
By selecting SpeedCast as its satellite connectivity solution partner, Ericsson will expand its end-to-end service solutions for shipping, ports and terminal customers using SpeedCast's global network and satellite communication services to support customers worldwide.
SpeedCast has established a strong track record of successfully delivering connectivity to the shipping sector, while Ericsson has become a top provider of end-to-end managed solutions to the shipping, port and terminal markets. Through the partnership, Ericsson will be able to achieve significant economies of scale and an enhanced global infrastructure that enables it to deliver a comprehensive portfolio of services to its customers.
Both organizations will be able to drive revenue growth and operational efficiencies for their customers by combining their offerings, including:
- A tailored portfolio of connectivity services aimed at lowering operational costs, including global connectivity, data capture and operations analytics tools
- A global sales force and support organization that reaches all major shipping locations
- A satellite and ground-based network infrastructure that can provide customers connectivity across multiple frequency bands anywhere in the world
- Technologies that enhance connected vessel offerings and improve efficiencies across fleets
- Engineering, technical and managerial resources to effectively drive program management, product maintenance, and field support
Pierre-Jean Beylier, CEO, SpeedCast International Ltd, says: "Becoming Ericsson's mobile connectivity supplier validates our competitive offering to the market and our relentless focus on quality of service. The seamless connectivity experience that we provide to Ericsson is crucial for their customers, and is available to vessels and shore operations regardless of their location. Ericsson's integration capabilities and end-to-end service offerings are unique in the sector and we are happy to explore new business models with them."
John Taxgaard, Head of Maritime, Customer Group Industry & Society, Ericsson, says: "SpeedCast provides us a flexible business model that fits our needs. The possibility of joining their connectivity platform and the resulting availability is a great fit for our managed services solutions. We are very pleased to have SpeedCast as our partner and we foresee huge benefits and successful implementations for both sides."
Ericsson will highlight its Maritime Cloud offering at Danish Maritime Days, which takes place in Copenhagen from October 24 to 28.
About Speedcast International Ltd
Speedcast International Ltd (ASX:SDA) is the world's most trusted communications and IT services provider, delivering critical communications solutions to the Maritime, Energy, Mining, Media, Telecom, Cruise, NGO, Government, and Enterprise sectors. With more satellite capacity than any other provider, Speedcast enables faster, seamless pole-to-pole coverage from a global hybrid satellite, fiber, cellular, microwave, MPLS, and IP transport network with direct access to public cloud platforms. The company also integrates differentiated technology offerings that provide smarter ways to communicate and distribute content, manage network and remote operations, protect and secure investments, and improve the crew and guest experience. With a passionate customer focus and a strong safety culture, Speedcast serves more than 3,200 customers in over 140 countries. Learn more at www.speedcast.com.