Clinical Data Demonstrates Significantly Improved OSA Treat
- Oventus to present new clinical data from four separate studies at the Sleep Down Under 2018 conference this week
- 170 patients have now been studied in Oventus clinical trials, with outcomes consistently showing that the Sleep Treatment Platform can treat more than 75% of obstructive sleep apnoea patients across the full spectrum of disease severity
Clinical work across multiple trials, through which 170 patients have been treated, shows Oventus' devices successfully treat more than 75% of patients without the need for Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP), the standard of care treatment for sleep apnoea.
In keeping with earlier studies, key highlights included:
- Patients with nasal obstruction who would normally struggle with treatment were found to benefit owing to the Oventus O2Vent's airway technology, which acts as a second nose, enabling the patient to breathe freely overnight
- Patients that had failed prior lines of therapy were shown to have benefit from Oventus airway technology
- Addition of the Oventus PEEP (positive end expiratory pressure) valve technology (which will be called ExVent(TM) once on market) to the O2Vent airway duck bill delivered a 30% (p<0.01) increase in efficacy
- Addition of the Oventus oro-nasal PEEP Valve (which will be called ONEPAP(TM) once on market) increased O2Vent efficacy by 50% (p<0.01)
- Oventus airway technology improved treatment outcomes for CPAP users by reducing pressure requirements by 40-50% (p<0.001) and eliminating the need for full face masks
A new finding from a physiologic study predicting response to Oventus Airway Technology showed improved treatment outcomes for female patients (p<0.02.)
"We have seen a dramatic improvement in our patients in clinical trials," said Dr Chris Hart, CEO of Oventus.
"The technology in these devices eliminates the need for full face masks and greatly improves treatments for the majority. We have been consistently delighted with the results."
Sleep Down Under is the scientific meeting of the Australasian Sleep Association (ASA) and Australasian Sleep Technologists Association (ASTA). The event brings together expert sleep clinicians and scientists to share the latest advancements and innovations in the world of sleep research and clinical practice.
Copies of the posters are attached with this announcement(see link below). Further information on Oventus O2Vent appliances can be found on our website: http://oventus.com.au/how-it-works/
To view the posters, please visit:
About Oventus Medical Ltd
Oventus Medical Ltd (ASX:OVN) is a Brisbane based medical device company that is commercialising a unique treatment platform for the treatment of sleep apnoea and snoring. Unlike other oral appliances or CPAP interfaces, the Oventus devices have a unique and patented airway within the treatment platform that allows air to flow to the back of the mouth unobstructed while maintaining an oral seal and stable jaw position, bypassing multiple obstructions from the nose, soft palate and tongue, reducing airway collapsibility and managing mouth breathing while maintain a stable airway with or without nasal CPAP. They are particularly designed for the many people that have nasal obstructions and consequently tend to mainly breathe through their mouth. While it may seem counterintuitive, this technology actually manages mouth breathing by converting it to device breathing and normalising ventilation. The O2Vent(TM) is designed to allow nasal breathing when the nose is unobstructed, but when obstruction is present, breathing is supplemented via the airways in the appliance.
For more information on Oventus' Sleep Treatment Platform, please visit http://www.oventus.com
Oventus Medical Ltd