POONA LITHIUM-TANTALUM PROJECT
- Drill testing of priority target areas has commenced at Poona (E 20/885),
- Target areas include Poona Trend and Poona East (refer Figure 1 in the link below) both of which have returned a significant number of high-grade lithium assays in surface samples,
- The Poona Trend is a lithium-rich trend approximately ten kilometres in length and hosts a number of known lithium occurrences, with surface sampling having returned high-grade lithium assays of up to 1.93% Li2O (refer ASX release 17 August 2016),
- Poona East was recently identified during regional reconnaissance, with surface sampling returning multiple high-grade lithium assays (up to 2.58% Li2O) (refer ASX release 6 October 2016), over more than 1,000 metres of strike,
- Reverse circulation drilling will test key stratigraphic targets including primary pegmatitic units as well as altered schistose stratigraphy,
- Results are expected in the coming weeks.
To view tables and figures, please visit:
About Venus Metals Corporation Limited
Venus Metals Corporation Limited (ASX:VMC) is focused on the exploration and development of its Western Australian Base Metal projects, which are prospective for Copper and Zinc, as well as its precious & specialty metals.
Venus Metals Corporation Limited