Pincher Well Zinc RC Drilling Commences on Strong Anomalies
- Phase 2 RC Drilling has commenced along two southern survey lines to test the recently discovered high chargeability IP anomalies at the Pincher Well Zinc-Copper Prospect (E57/1019) 600km north-northeast of Perth and 15km southwest of Youanmi Gold Mine in Western Australia.
- The recent IP surveying has confirmed the shallow 'up-dip' southern extensions of the North Dome high-grade zinc mineralisation (ASX release 27 April 2017).
- The chargeability recorded along line 6821500N is stronger than the previous IP survey results and the anomaly extends 400m to the south (see Figure 1 in the link below). The modelled anomaly remains OPEN and UNTESTED further to the south, potentially extending the target envelope of 1km strike and 250m width (ASX release 29 May 2017).
To view figures, please visit:
About Venus Metals Corporation Limited
Venus Metals Corporation Limited (ASX:VMC) holds a significant and wide ranging portfolio of Australian base and precious metals exploration projects comprising lithium, cobalt, vanadium, copper, zinc, nickel, gold and platinum group of elements.
Key project areas in Western Australia include:
- Pincher Well Zinc-Copper Project (Youanmi): Over 5 km of under explored VMS trend with an Exploration Target of 15-20 Million Tonnes@ 2-8% Zinc,which also hosts a number of high grade lodes (>10% Zinc).
- Currans Well Cobalt-Nickel-Copper Project (Youanmi): Significant Cobalt mineralisation up to 1483 ppm Co in historical drilling. Extensive Lateritic Duricrust Co-Ni target areas identified.
- Curara Well Nickel-Copper-Gold Project (Doolgunna):10 km northeast of Sandfire Resources DeGrussa Copper Mine. Wide intercepts of disseminated Nickel Sulphides (Millerites) in Ultramafics.
- Southern Cross Vanadium Project (Youanmi): JORC 2012 Inferred Vanadium Mineral Resource of 167.7 Millions Tonnes @ 0.41% V2O5, 7.52% TiO2.
- Strategic Lithium-Tantalum Projects in WA.
Venus Metals Corporation Limited