Market Update: Exceptional Growth and Key Developments in December 2017 Quarter
Key highlights include:
- Rental Transaction Value reached a new record of $814,000, a 62% increase vs Dec 2016 Qtr and a 33% increase vs the preceding Sep 2017 Qtr. December 2017 was a particularly strong month, benefiting from many of the initiatives that gained traction later in the Dec 2017 Quarter and delivering Rental Transaction Value 28% higher than any previous month.
- Booked Days reached a new record of 21,000 days, a 98% increase vs Dec 2016 Qtr.
- Rental Transaction Value for Uber increased by 216% vs Dec 2016 Qtr and 18% vs the preceding Sep 2017 Qtr.
- Vehicle Activations reached a new record of 309 vehicles, a 68% increase vs Dec 2016 Qtr and 13% increase vs the preceding Sep 2017 Qtr. This growth was driven by the stronger focus in Victoria through the collaboration with RACV, recently launched owner marketing campaigns and continued increase in the number of vehicles provided by corporate fleets. DriveMyCar now has over 10 corporate fleet providers supplying 10 or more vehicles.
- RACV DriveMyCar which launched in late September 2017 in Victoria achieved a 137% increase in Rental Transaction Value in December 2017 vs November 2017, outpacing the growth achieved in the rest of the DriveMyCar business and signifying the strong potential of the collaboration with RACV.
- Flexible Rideshare Rentals, which provides temporary access to vehicles for Uber owner-drivers while their vehicles are being serviced or repaired, launched on 20 December in Sydney and quickly gained traction with customers and corporate fleet providers.
- Mobilise launched on 24 October 2017 and by the end of the Dec 2017 Qtr over 3,700 assets had been listed.
- Facebook and Search Marketing campaigns commenced during the Dec 2017 Quarter with a primary focus on the listing of new assets.
- A marketing partnership was secured with Housing Industry Association Insurance Services and an email campaign to over 15,000 builders and construction related companies commenced in December 2017 and continues into the March 2018 Qtr. The aim of the campaign is to secure listing of assets on the Mobilise platform.
- A new version of the MyCaravan website launched in the Dec 2017 Qtr with improved functionality and customer messaging.
- Facebook and Search marketing campaigns commenced later in the Dec 2017 Quarter.
- MyCaravan will be exhibiting at the the 2018 Newcastle Caravan, Camping and Holiday Expo to be held on Thursday 8 to Sunday 11 February 2018 at the Newcastle Entertainment Centre & Showground.
Further details will be provided in the Appendix 4C December 2017 Quarterly Update to be released by 31 January 2018.
About Collaborate Corporation Ltd
Collaborate Corporation Limited is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:CL8). It is Australia's leading listed company focused on 'collaborative consumption', 'peer-to-peer' or 'sharing economy' businesses. Collaborate currently has three core business segments: www.DriveMyCar.com.au Australia's leading peer-to-peer car rental business; www.MyCaravan.com.au Australia's leading peer-to-peer caravan rental business; and www.Mobilise.com an online hire marketplace to unlock the enormous potential of under-utilised assets. Through our proprietary trust and reputation platform, www.peerpass.com.au we create 'trust' between individuals and make it possible for people to safely transact with each other in the sharing economy.
Collaborate Corporation Ltd