Brisbane, Nov 9, 2010 AEST (ABN Newswire) - D'Aguilar Gold Limited (ASX:DGR) are pleased to draw the attention of shareholders to last night's announcement by Solomon Gold Plc (LON:SOLG) regarding encouraging progress from its Guadalcanal Project, Solomon Islands in joint venture (the "GJV") with Newmont Ventures Limited a wholly owned subsidiary of Newmont Mining Corporation (NYSE:NEM).
- New targets emerging on a 3km long eastern Mbetilonga structural corridor based on mapping, sampling and geophysical modelling.
- Drilling continues at the Chikora Prospect, within the Koloula Project.
- 88m of rock saw channel, 143 soil sample results and 650m drill core assays for the Chikora Prospect are awaited from Newmont for work completed to the end September 2010. - 468 soil samples, 67 rock chip samples and 1,200m of trench samples were completed at the Mbetilonga Project in September, with analytical results still pending from Newmont.
- Additional work in October at Mbetilonga and Chikora includes 172 soil samples and a further 550m drill core from Chikora.
- 2,100m of ridge and spur sampling, additional mapping and rock chip sampling and 112 extra soil samples from the Mbetilonga East Corridor area are also planned.
Commenting on the recent reports for the GJV Projects, Nicholas Mather, Chief Executive of Solomon Gold plc said: "Solomon Gold is pleased with the progress made by Newmont in the field in Guadalcanal.
Solomon Gold is waiting for a total of 2,616 sample results from Newmont (881 from Chikora and 1,735 from Mbetilonga) to assist drill targeting."
Due to the regulatory limitations placed on D'Aguilar's ability to summarise these results, shareholders are encouraged to read the full Solomon Gold announcement. The announcement can be viewed in full under the "Latest News" section of the Solomon Gold website: solomongold.com D'Aguilar Gold Limited holds 35.2 million shares in Solomon Gold, which equates to 12.6% of the issued capital, following Solomon Gold's recent successful A$24 million capital raising.