Further High-Grade Gold Results at Mankarga 5 Deposit, Burkina Faso
Best results from the ongoing program include:
- TAC0281: 10m at 1.28 g/t Au from 4m
- TAC0287: 9m at 1.34 g/t Au from 20m and 2m at 12.93 g/t Au from 37m
- TAC0291: 9m at 1.94 g/t Au from 26m ending in mineralisation
- TAC0292: 7m at 1.84 g/t Au from 3m
- TAC0298: 5m at 5.3 g/t Au from 3m
The results are from the central and northern sections of the Mankarga deposit which has been infill drilled on 50m-spaced drill lines. The results in TAC0298 are located outside the current resource area, while TAC0291 and TAC0292 are located in the north-eastern portion of a previously low-grade zone which is along strike from TAN14-DD09 reported last week (ASX, CVE- 23/6/14).
An updated summary plan showing results from recent drilling is shown in link below in Figure 1 with results presented in Tables 2 and 3 in link below.
The scoping study results for the heap leach starter project have been delayed slightly to incorporate new test work results and consumable pricing, and will be released by the end of July.
The Company is focussed on near-term production with the immediate focus on the Mankarga 5 deposit and existing nearby gold prospects. The Company aims to be a +50,000oz per annum gold producer within two years, subject to study outcomes, via a low-cost heap leach starter project. In February, West African secured a second-hand 1.6Mtpa heap leach plant as part of its plan to fast-track development of Mankarga 5. The proposed project development schedule for Mankarga 5 and surrounding prospects is shown in link below in Table 1.
Notes for Table 2 and Table 3 (see link below):
- All holes are Reverse Circulation (RC) aircore holes or Diamond Core holes.
- All reported intersections from the current 2014 program are assayed at 1m intervals.
- Mineralised intervals reported with a maximum of 2 metre of internal dilution of less than 0.50g/t gold (Table 2) or 2g/t Au (Table 3). No top cut applied.
- Sample preparation and Fire Assay conducted by BIGS Ouagadougou. Assayed by 50g fire assay with AAS finish.
- QA/QC protocol: For diamond core one blank and one standard inserted for every 18 core samples (2 QA/QC samples within every 20 samples dispatched, or 1 QA/QC sample per 10 samples despatched) and no duplicates.
- QA/QC protocol: For RC samples we insert one blank, one standard and one duplicate for every 17 samples (3 QA/QC within every 20 samples or 1 every 8.5 samples).
To view figure 1 and Table 1, 2 and 3, please visit:
About West African Resources Limited
West African Resources Limited (ASX:WAF) (CVE:WAF) is a gold-copper exploration company dedicated to creating shareholder value through the acquisition, exploration and development of resource projects in Burkina Faso, West Africa.
West African has a landholding of 6,370sq km and 200km of strike length of early Proterozoic Birimian greenstone belts, which are highly prospective for gold mineralisation.
West African Resources Limited