Finds Extension of Mankarga 5 Gold Deposit
Step-out oxide drilling has intercepted the Mankarga 5 structure 500m northeast of the existing resource on sections NE1400 and NE1500 and remains open to the northeast. These drill results will expand the resource in the next update planned for the December quarter. Results from the ongoing program include:
- TAC0398: 8m at 1.77 g/t Au from 16m on NE1500
- TAC0413: 17m at 1.07 g/t Au from 8m on NE1400*
- TAC0415: 13m at 2.39 g/t Au from 4m including 4m at 6.21 g/t Au on NE1400*
*denotes ending in mineralisation
Further drilling has been completed in the central portion of the deposit, tightening up geology around mineralised zones. These drill results will improve grade and category in the resource update planned for the December quarter. Results from the ongoing program include:
- TAC0439: 21m at 1.22 g/t Au from 4m on NE0700
- TAC0443: 21m at 1.39 g/t Au from 7m on NE0500
- TAC0448: 29m at 1.06 g/t Au from surface on NE0300
- TAC0449: 24m at 1.42 g/t Au from 7m on NE0200
- TAC0453: 33m at 1.70 g/t Au from 1m including 6m at 3.24 g/t Au on SW0050
- TAC0455: 15m at 3.33 g/t Au from 22m including 4m at 9.97 g/t Au on NE0050
- TAC0456: 9m at 4.26 g/t Au from 13m including 3m at 10.98 g/t Au on NE0300
Updated cross-sections of NE1400 and NE0300, and summary plan showing results from recent drilling as well as is shown below in Figures 1, 2 and 3, with results presented in Tables 2 and 3.
In February, West African acquired a second-hand 1.6Mtpa heap leach plant as part of its plan to fasttrack development of Mankarga 5. Last week the Company delivered the results of a Scoping Study which demonstrated a low capital cost and high margin robust heap leach starter project (ASX,TSXV: 29/7/14).
The Company is focussed on near-term production with its immediate attention on the Mankarga 5 deposit and existing nearby gold prospects. The Company aims to be a +50,000oz per annum gold producer by the end of 2015 via a low-cost heap leach starter project.
To view diagrams, please visit:
About West African Resources Limited
West African Resources Limited (ASX:WAF) (CVE:WAF) is a gold-copper exploration company dedicated to creating shareholder value through the acquisition, exploration and development of resource projects in Burkina Faso, West Africa.
West African has a landholding of 6,370sq km and 200km of strike length of early Proterozoic Birimian greenstone belts, which are highly prospective for gold mineralisation.
West African Resources Limited