Tamboran Launches Inaugural Sustainability Plan
Tamboran believes that operating in a sustainable manner is central to achieving the Company's core strategy and objectives. The Sustainability Plan includes six pillars that define its purpose, principles and values with relation to sustainability. These are:
- Health and Safety: Putting the health and safety of our people, contractors and community first through effective systems, culture and secure operations;
- Climate Change: Playing an effective role in the transition to a lower carbon economy through the production of low CO2 natural gas resources;
- Environment: Applying leading technologies to promote efficiency and minimise environmental impacts;
- People: Attracting, developing and retaining a diverse, inclusive and competent workforce;
- Community: Partnering with our local and host communities to share value through the creation of local jobs and business opportunities; and
- Economic Sustainability: Generating economic growth and value for our investors, employees, customers and communities through sustainable production of affordable gas resources and distribution to multiple markets.
These pillars align with selected Sustainable Development Goals as defined by the United Nations.
Tamboran will select appropriate sustainability practices, set measurable performance targets and report progress against those targets. Tamboran believes this strategy will enable it to achieve both the Company's vision and its sustainability objectives.
"We are pleased to share our Sustainability Plan, which highlights our vision and priorities. We aspire to play a part in the global transition to a lower carbon, more sustainable future and look forward to building on this report over time, based on stakeholder feedback," said Joel Riddle, Managing Director and CEO of Tamboran Resources. "Operating sustainably is very relevant to how we impact the environment, local communities and is vital to generating long term value for all our stakeholders".
To view the Sustainability Plan, please visit:
About Tamboran Resources Limited
Tamboran is a natural gas company focused on supporting the net zero energy transition by developing clean, low-CO2, unconventional gas resources in the Northern Territory, Australia. Tamboran's key assets are a 25% working interest in EP 161 and a 100% working interest in EP 136 which are located in the Beetaloo Sub-basin.
The Company is focused on developing early-stage, unconventional gas resources within its portfolio which are located in the Beetaloo Sub-basin in the Northern Territory. Tamboran Resources Limited is headquartered in Sydney, Australia with a global management team leveraging a significant depth of experience in the successful commercialisation of unconventional hydrocarbons throughout North America. The team brings a wealth of knowledge, including modern shale reservoir assessment, as well as cutting-edge drilling and completion design technology.
Tamboran Resources Limited
Origin Energy Limited
Falcon Oil & Gas Limited
Empire Energy Group Ltd